New Headlights - more light please (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mihn -

I have not heard of anyone using these lights. They are a product of Maxzone Performance lighting correct? They look fairly decent...similar to the 100 series lights. I would be interested in how the fit and finish is on them if you purchase a pair and the lighting.

Cheers.

- MWF

I would say try the HIR bulbs and Slee wiring harness first. Proven improvements at fairly inexpensive prices. I am very happy with mine.

I have them. They are MUCH brighter than the stock ones. My complaint is that they give off an off pattern at the top of the projection. Other than that, they fit great, they are fully adjustable, and they look stock. I took the chrome trim off of my originals so that it would match the other chrome.

I have them. They are MUCH brighter than the stock ones. My complaint is that they give off an off pattern at the top of the projection. Other than that, they fit great, they are fully adjustable, and they look stock. I took the chrome trim off of my originals so that it would match the other chrome.

Headlamp clear front is made of Glass or Acrilic ?

Uses the OEM USA spec bulbs or the E spec H4 for the low and H1 for the high ?

Could you please post a picture of them against a wall to understand your concern at the illumination pattern ?

Thanks in advance.

I was looking at these lights and was wondering if they uses the same bulbs as the originals or do you have to change the wiring harness?

O... I forgot to say I Have a HDJ81 RHD if that makes a difference

I have these lights. They fit well (considering my 80 was wrecked on the front end) and they are brighter than stock. They use an H1/H4 combination for the bulbs.

I have these lights. They fit well (considering my 80 was wrecked on the front end) and they are brighter than stock. They use an H1/H4 combination for the bulbs.

Same question please: glass or plastic front lamp ?

OEM is glass and never will be damaged by UV rays

Here you go......

DSC01835.jpg

And the lenses are glass, not plastic, or poly......

The pic I put up shows the chrome a little off on the top, but that is how my stockers were too, so I wasn't to concerned about that. The lights themselves fit great into the stock location, and the lens adjusting screws are right on top of the units, so they are simple to adjust.

I am down in Mexico right now, so I can't take pics of the light projection, but I will on Monday when I get home.

If these use H1/H4, do you need to change the harness to switch from 9005/9006?

Thanks

You will need to change the harness. I upgraded mine at the same time by adding relays and heavier gauge wiring.

How about HID. So far I'm happy with the OEM headlights:)

Hmmmm

Could you start with this headlight setup, BUT bake apart the lens and attach it to the stock headlight body after modding high/low projectors into the back of the stock setup?

I'd like to go projectors once I round up all the bits, and I like the idea of keeping glass if I can, and this setup has clear glass .. nothing to grind, and nothing to mess up the light pattern on the way out.

TY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom