Hanna Quality modifiying the rear 80 bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hanna Quality modifiying the rear 80 bumper-Now with pics!!!

Ken called me up yesterday and gave me an update on when to expect rmy rear (dual swing-out) bumper. Its on track for an early April delivery.

He mentioned he was tweaking the design on the side tube protection. Removing the V tubes and replacing with laser cut metal. Similar to what he did on the jerry can holder. When I say similar, I mean similar in that it will also be laser cut. Sounded cool :)

He also mentioned another design tweak but I cannot remember what he said.

He mentioned he would send me pictures and gave me the choice of which design I wanted to go with.

It was nice talking to him! Great guy. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
that's good business practice!

I saw some sneak pics- It is ridiculously awesome! He made a some major changes and just took it up a notch. You are a lucky man roncruiser, it will be worth the wait!

I stopped by Hannas shop the other day on a whim. Ken is a really nice guy who took the time to show me some stuff on the two or three Cruisers that he had there, including the new design of the rear bumper/tire carrier. That thing is awesome. I with I could afford one.

I've got one on the way in April too. Can't wait to see it!

Ken is a nice guy and puts out a very nice product. Look forward to seeing the new bumper design. X2 pics anyone?

I received the pictures. Nice. I'm asking permission to post them up.

Good Stuff!
B80-1_1.jpg
B80-2_2.jpg
B80-3_3.jpg

...more
B80-4_4.jpg
B80-5_5.jpg
B80-6_6.jpg

...one more.
B80-7_7.jpg

Looks great good work Ken. I like the dimple dies, good for and extra 5 mph too. :D

I may go with the new look :grinpimp:

Umm, I am going to have to be the first to say my first impression is "Yuck"... Sorry no disrespect but not a fan of it. Liked the old ones more. So maybe people will upgrade now and I can score a deal on a used old version.

I believe you can choose. I'll have to confirm that though.

Hmmm....

I'd have to say cheese grater when I look at it....or maybe a leggo....just too darn busy. I like the old one better......no offense, just a visual opinion....

Jeff

Before someone points out that the old one had the same jerry can carrier I realize that and it does look better when powder coated black but I never would get that option. So the side protection without the dimples and the tire mount without the dimples is why I like the old one. But to each there own and I am glad to see something new and inventive come out.
fj80bumpnewbig.gif

The same "V" tube side protection is still offered on the HQ bumper.

The new side protection came about to better clear the corner body clad plastic on the LX450. The design uses the dimple dies to add a extreme amount of strength to the 1/8 in plate.

a interesting link about dimple dies http://www.lightracing.com/LightRacingTech/FlareHoleArticle_4x4Garage.pdf

I always like hearing what the IH8MUD community has to say about my product, good and bad, thanks

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom