Taurus fan clearance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having a problem fitting my taurus fan. I have Marks adapter and a 93 tbi with a serpintine belt system. I have about 3.5" clearance between my water pump and radiator. I cant really move my rad. further forward because the rad support crossmember hits my grill/bib.

I was able to move my stock rad forward about 1-2 inches. Elongated the mounting holes on the frame and did some bending to the metal screen etc. Did you already do this.

I now use a cross flow aluminum (less than $200 from jegs or summit) that mounts directly to the grill/bib thing. Seem to have plenty of space with my 350.

can you flip the fan around to move the motor to the other side? probably will still hit, pita but you may have to moye the radiator foward

i barely squezed one in there with that much room...moved rad forward..bent metal screen a little and cut into the webing of the fan itself to clear the water pump pulley...it can be done

i barely squezed one in there with that much room...moved rad forward..bent metal screen a little and cut into the webing of the fan itself to clear the water pump pulley...it can be done

Yep, You can move the radiator forward 1-2 inches. I left my radiator where it was and cut the plastic fan support to clear the water pump.

It is tight!!!! I took the radiator support off and trimmed the sheetmetal filler piece, and still no go. Next I cut off the crossmember on the support. The support will now go forward about 3/4", but then it hits the grill screen on top. Next I trimmed the support @ the top where it hits the grill. I'm still going to need to trimm the fan but I hope it will fit then. Can someone post up pics of a taurus fan trimmed and mounted? I would like to get an idea of how much you can take off and still mount properly. Thanks!!!!!

It is tight!!!! I took the radiator support off and trimmed the sheetmetal filler piece, and still no go. Next I cut off the crossmember on the support. The support will now go forward about 3/4", but then it hits the grill screen on top. Next I trimmed the support @ the top where it hits the grill. I'm still going to need to trimm the fan but I hope it will fit then. Can someone post up pics of a taurus fan trimmed and mounted? I would like to get an idea of how much you can take off and still mount properly. Thanks!!!!!

In this picture, all the red is approximately where I cut out for the water pump. I also trimmed the edges some in order to get a flush mount on the radiator. The red is the bottom of the fan. Good Luck.

Austin

Last edited:
the motor on my fan is nearly right in line with the water pump.. so it gets CLOSE.. i'm running the stock rad which is around 3 inches thick and my engine mounts are set back 10.5 inches from the stock shock mounts ( should have moved it back to the 12" line) but my fan is nearly 1/2" away from the spinning water pump.

as time goes on i'm switching to a aluminum summit radiator which is 2.5 thick x19" high and about 25" wide, this should solve any cooling problem in the dead heat of the summer and give me an axtra 1/2" clearence from my radiator to my fan.

another option is to take the taurus fan apart, and build a custom shroud for it.. ive seen this done on pirate. the fan sits about 1.5" away from the surface of the shroud.. I made custom motor/tranny mounts on mine, so i was able to more things around till it fit.

heres mine
cruiser020.jpg

cruiser018.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom