Bump Stop Clearance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cstav86

SILVER Star
Threads
Issue: I only have about 1/2” clearance between my bump stop and the top of the 4plus U bolt flip kit on the front axle. This seems way too tight. What is normal?

Are my bump stops too long?
Are these springs flat? They are OME mediums. It sits level with the rear. The springs are 4 years old and have been wheeled a handful of times.

Specs: 11/1974 stock motor. 8274. 2.5” OME lift with medium spring up front and light in the rear. There are some 2° caster shims in there as well.

IMG_8855.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8853.jpeg

I would measure the distance between the original axle housing bump stop area and bump stop. Then measure from the U-bolt flip plate the same distance and mark a spot on the bump stop. Pull the bump stop and shorten to the marked spot and then put it back.

That would give you the same travel before installing the U-bolt flip kit.

what does the other side of the axle look like ? - is it possible the plates were installed on the wrong side ?

the shackle hangers seem to be quite short, just sayin'

what does the other side of the axle look like ? - is it possible the plates were installed on the wrong side ?

the shackle hangers seem to be quite short, just sayin'
It is not possible to install these on the wrong side, the plates are built specifically for each side of the front axle. The other side has similar clearance.

Are these springs flat? They are OME mediums. It sits level with the rear. The springs are 4 years old and have been wheeled a handful of times.

2.5” OME lift with medium spring up front and light in the rear.
Yep, those are flattened quite a lot, maybe 1” lift left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom