Builds "The Rook" - (re)Build Thread - 2017 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@turbo8

Getting ready to pop these bad boys in soon, and my rear axle will have even more silky smoothness and travel like the fronts...

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 11.13.42 AM.png

OEM shock eye bolt spec is 72 lb-ft.
I did not receive any instructions, but since you are so mechanically adept, can you tell me what you recommend for torque on other fasteners included as I assume you want at least that?

Thanks! Excited!

@turbo8

Getting ready to pop these bad boys in soon, and my rear axle will have even more silky smoothness and travel like the fronts...

View attachment 3272988

I did not receive any instructions, but since you are so mechanically adept, can you tell me what you recommend for torque on other fasteners included as I assume you want at least that?

Thanks! Excited!

Watching closely. Did you get extended brake lines too?

Watching closely. Did you get extended brake lines too?

I been done that boiii! Check the earlier pics. (laziest build thread formatting of all time sorry lol)
But the quality isnt the best... I went with Stoptech (centric made), and maybe ill swap to sdqh at some point, although the braid isnt visible in those.

Still need to find rear diff breather tube and write up, not sure what to use there? Also, probably will never flex it that hard, and a cheap replacement whenever i tear it. Any advice or links?

I been done that boiii! Check the earlier pics. (laziest build thread formatting of all time sorry lol)
But the quality isnt the best... I went with Stoptech (centric made), and maybe ill swap to sdqh at some point, although the braid isnt visible in those.

Still need to find rear diff breather tube and write up, not sure what to use there? Also, probably will never flex it that hard, and a cheap replacement whenever i tear it. Any advice or links?

Ah that’s right because I remember looking at the SDHQ lines. 👴🏻 moment.

I personally haven’t messed with my breathers. ARB makes a pricey universal kit which is what I’ve seen most commonly used.

@turbo8

View attachment 3272988

Thanks! Excited!
Yeah, I have been slacking, I owe you instructions. I'll get back to you soon.

I have a spool of this Gates 1/4” XL Fuel line for breather extensions…
8749383E-1FAF-4CDF-A8A6-DC2D54A194FD.jpeg

part # says CS021205 A 200 and, as I recall, it wasn’t expensive. It isn’t super flexible though. Maybe there’s a better, more flexible solution.

Here are some quick instructions. This is for driver side, passenger side is mirrored, but the same.
INSTALL.JPG

You will be the first member to install these, any feed back is more than welcome.

Here are some quick instructions. This is for driver side, passenger side is mirrored, but the same.
View attachment 3273071
You will be the first member to install these, any feed back is more than welcome.

@MTKID you’re not gonna 1st block me this time? Lolol

@turbo8, tomorrow morning, ill crack into it. Ill take pics and post here if youre around for any potential issues.
Should be dead simple compared to everything I've done already though.

Gonna slam the truck, purge rear shocks, pry em off, wrastle with em a bit to get them up and out the way, bolt on the bracket, then pop it back on.
Fill and bleed and test drive.

Last edited:
@turbo8, tomorrow morning, ill crack into it. Ill take pics and post here if youre around for any potential issues.

Gonna slam the truck, purge rear shocks, pry em off, wrastle with em a bit to get them up and out the way, bolt on the bracket, then pop it back on.
you should make a time lapse. I'd watch it.

This is so cool seeing this come to life!

I think you can do this without opening the AHC system. It may or may not help to do one side at a time.

Where did you pick up the rear seat back storage?

It was all Duluth trading on sale in my colors. Poor mans drawers i guess haha.

This is so cool seeing this come to life!

I think you can do this without opening the AHC system. It may or may not help to do one side at a time.

Ill give it a go, but it will be a workout.
Once i pop the shock off the axle peg, itll want to strong arm me every step of the way.
Since im starting off in L, it may just want to give enough length for me to plop it back into place.
Usually though that plan flies out the window quick lol.

I do have a clean glass ahc fluid recycling container.
I took it from my wife who got it in some fancy hotel they were working on during a meeting.
I put a plastic cap on it and drilled out room the tubing line. Its perfect and the weight means it doesnt tip over when i go to bleed.
Not that i recycle all the time, but its an assurance if I run out of fluid due to some unforeseen circumstance.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 4.47.04 PM.png

Step ya water game up! lol

Ill give it a go, but it will be a workout.
Once i pop the shock off the axle peg, itll want to strong arm me every step of the way.
Since im starting off in L, it may just want to give enough length for me to plop it back into place.
Usually though that plan flies out the window quick lol.

I do have a clean glass ahc fluid recycling container.
I took it from my wife who got it in some fancy hotel they were working on during a meeting.
I put a plastic cap on it and drilled out room the tubing line. Its perfect and the weight means it doesnt tip over when i go to bleed.
Not that i recycle all the time, but its an assurance if I run out of fluid due to some unforeseen circumstance.

View attachment 3273265

Step ya water game up! lol

I've pulled the rear AHC shock at the bottom mount a number of times without opening the hydraulic system. Trick is to work at full extension. Meaning lift the frame so the axle is in full droop. Support the axle with the jack, then pull the shock off the shaft. Mount turbo8s bracket and droop the axle another 1.75" more to re-mount.

As I say this, I recall you had height limitations in your garage so that may be a show stopper. Perhaps work outside?

I've pulled the rear AHC shock at the bottom mount a number of times without opening the hydraulic system. Trick is to work at full extension. Meaning lift the frame so the axle is in full droop. Support the axle with the jack, then pull the shock off the shaft. Mount turbo8s bracket and droop the axle another 1.75" more to re-mount.

As I say this, I recall you had height limitations in your garage so that may be a show stopper. Perhaps work outside?

Exactly right, there is more droop just like in one of those photos above, where the shock can just hang.

At that point my brake shield is touching the ground though!
Nails on chalkboard territory but ill make an attempt.

I should be able to make it work without too much trouble. Cant go outside though driveway is super sloped unfortunately. Neither jack nor jack stands stand a chance, no pun intended!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom