SOLD 1973 FJ40 Built for Trail and Crawling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
Outside Link
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1587143/1973-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-for-sale-in-templeton-california-93465
This is a very capable off road Toyota FJ40 that is ready for overlanding and rock crawling. I built this rig with the intention of driving to the Rubicon Trail, wheeling the trail, and driving back home. There is rust in the back quarter panels that these FJ40's are known to have. There are different ways to fix the issue and I decided the new owner should know about the rust, and they decide the best way for them. If it were me I would install Bud Built rear quarter guards after cutting out the rust. Here is a list of everything that has been done to this rig.

Price: $32,000

Suspension and Steering, Wheel/Tires

• Front: Sprung over, factory FJ60 front springs with 5100 Bilstein shocks. Axle has been moved forward 3 inches. The FJ60 front springs are the same length as factory FJ40 springs. The eyelet on the ends are larger on the FJ60 allowing you to run a bigger bushing. Ruff Stuff outboarding kit to move the front leaf springs farther apart. This allows you to run the FJ60 axle housing and not have the diff be an issue.
  • Rear: Sprung over, with factory FJ60 rear springs with 5100 Bilstein shocks. Rear spring has been flipped moving the rear axle back 10 inches.
  • BTB Products Triton Saginaw steering box with custom hydraulic lines and a Saginaw steering pump.
  • Custom DOM .120 wall drag link and tie rod with beefy FJ80 tie rod ends.
  • 37” BFG Mud Terrain Tires – less than 5000 miles. Purchased new in 2017
  • 17x9 Pro Comp Steel Wheels
Drivetrain, Engine, and Performance

• 2f Engine with aftermarket header
  • Sniper EFI System
  • HEI Distributor
  • GM 1 wire alternator
  • Optima Battery
  • Aluminum Radiator with Spal Electric Fan
  • H41 4-speed from the Diesel FJ40. Lowering first gear for crawling
  • 5000 miles on clutch
  • Orion 4-speed transfer case from Advance Adapters
  • FJ60 front axle cut and turned, trussed with front diff armor, 4.10 gears with ARB air locker, Trail Gear six-shooter knuckles, RCV 300M chromoly birfields and inner axle shafts, FJ60 factory disc brakes
  • FJ60 rear axle with 4.10 gears and ARB air locker
  • Xtreme ¾ hp air compressor – it has the power to pop a bead back onto a tire. It’s done it.
  • New gas tank and sending unit in 2015
Chassis, Interior, Armor, Winch

• 4-Plus Product Front Bumper
  • Warn 9500 Winch
  • KC Hi-Lites 6” HID Driving Lights
  • LED Headlights
  • LUX Systems Rock Lights
  • White Knuckle Rock Sliders
  • Iron Pig Transmission/Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • 4-Plus Products rear tire and cooler carrier combo. Full size 37” spare. Cooler rack is designed for a Yeti 45 cooler.
  • Spector Off Road bikini soft top and full length soft top
  • Hi-lift Jack
  • Metaltech Family Cage Roll Bar
  • JL Audio Bluetooth Receiver
  • Alpine 6” 3 way speakers in Crawl Tunes canisters
  • Mastercraft Baja RS reclining seats

DSC05984_1080.jpg

DSC06042_1080.jpg

DSC06064_1080.jpg

DSC06121_1080.jpg

What a beautiful truck @Fool Size . I have pretty much the exact same setup on my '80 FJ40, just shackle reversed in the front, but mine is very ugly. This truck should cruise comfortably at 75mph on flat ground with the rubber overdrive, and be able take you anywhere you're willing to point if off-road save for some very technical steep waterfall kind of crawling. Someone will be buying a gem, thats for sure!

What a beautiful truck @Fool Size . I have pretty much the exact same setup on my '80 FJ40, just shackle reversed in the front, but mine is very ugly. This truck should cruise comfortably at 75mph on flat ground with the rubber overdrive, and be able take you anywhere you're willing to point if off-road save for some very technical steep waterfall kind of crawling. Someone will be buying a gem, thats for sure!
Thank you very much! Yea I just sold it to my friend. So its still going to be around. His first trip in it will be on the Rubicon in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom