LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I punched in too many codes and it erased the unit and started from scratch. Now I need to figure out how to get the AC controls to show back up on the home screen. Anyone have ideas?
Update: got the right Landcruiser version selected, AC controls working now. However I think when it erased the unit after too many Pin attempts, it erased ZLink and now has the system upside down. Im relatively green when it comes to Android, can anyone tell me if I need to reinstall ZLink, and if so where would I get that? Appreciate any help in advance!

Update: got the right Landcruiser version selected, AC controls working now. However I think when it erased the unit after too many Pin attempts, it erased ZLink and now has the system upside down. Im relatively green when it comes to Android, can anyone tell me if I need to reinstall ZLink, and if so where would I get that? Appreciate any help in advance!
You can get the Zlink apk from a Google search. You'll have to put it on a USB drive and install it on the unit.

Mine got deleted on accident and I had to dig up the apk.

One of the downloads in that post has the correct one I can't recall offhand which.

There's another post on the same forum about the phone link app as well.

Hope this helps

Hi guys,

So got everything installed, new door speakers, sub, alpine amp and PX6. Everything works except when I unplug the factory amp I lose hvac controls on the PX6?

I’m sure I have missed something in the 44 pages of this thread.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Pretty sure I worked out the kinks installing aftermarket amp from info found here (been a while):

Hi,

I just had mine installed professionally in a 2009 GX that had factory nav. I really like it, but have a few things I’m trying to work through. If you have a fix for any of these. Please let me know. Thanks so much!

1. The FM radio reception is terrible. Stations that were crystal clear (local) go in and out. I’m assuming it’s an antenna/ground issue, but wondering if anyone has a quick fix.
2. The volume doesn’t get nearly as high as it did stock. They recommended re-setting the stock unit to 35 before the install. Did anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it?
3. This one is stupid, but I can’t figure out how change the GPS information from meters to feet
4. Is there a way to delete or change the icons at the very top of the screen (nav, music, etc)? I can hold and move them, but only on the current page, and don’t see where they can be configured
5. And finally, the temperature adjustment on the screen does not work, only the manual buttons on the side of the unit. I’ve heard this is common, and adjusting temp on the sides isn’t a big deal, but wondering if anyone has seen a fix.

Other than that it’s working pretty well. Still learning to configure things. Thanks so much

Hi,

I just had mine installed professionally in a 2009 GX that had factory nav. I really like it, but have a few things I’m trying to work through. If you have a fix for any of these. Please let me know. Thanks so much!

1. The FM radio reception is terrible. Stations that were crystal clear (local) go in and out. I’m assuming it’s an antenna/ground issue, but wondering if anyone has a quick fix.
2. The volume doesn’t get nearly as high as it did stock. They recommended re-setting the stock unit to 35 before the install. Did anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it?
3. This one is stupid, but I can’t figure out how change the GPS information from meters to feet
4. Is there a way to delete or change the icons at the very top of the screen (nav, music, etc)? I can hold and move them, but only on the current page, and don’t see where they can be configured
5. And finally, the temperature adjustment on the screen does not work, only the manual buttons on the side of the unit. I’ve heard this is common, and adjusting temp on the sides isn’t a big deal, but wondering if anyone has seen a fix.

Other than that it’s working pretty well. Still learning to configure things. Thanks so much
Do you have the Sergey firmware? If not go on Facebook and look for his FB group on Tesla radios. Apparently his firmware update really solves a lot of issues.

Do you have the Sergey firmware? If not go on Facebook and look for his FB group on Tesla radios. Apparently his firmware update really solves a lot of issues.

Thank you so much! I now remember when I was first looking into this thing over a year ago people talking about a firmware update. I’ll check it out, bet it fixes the issues.

So what I think I'm understanding from this thread is the PX6 works with the 05 nav/ML system in an LX with steering wheel controls and GPS as long as you either use an aftermarket rear cam or the voltage transformer.

Questions: I've seen some folks bypass/replace the ML amp and others retain it, but in the latter case do you have to build a harness or is it plug-in? Any issues with the climate controls once they're integrated into the screen? Auto mode and defrost still work?

So what I think I'm understanding from this thread is the PX6 works with the 05 nav/ML system in an LX with steering wheel controls and GPS as long as you either use an aftermarket rear cam or the voltage transformer.

Questions: I've seen some folks bypass/replace the ML amp and others retain it, but in the latter case do you have to build a harness or is it plug-in? Any issues with the climate controls once they're integrated into the screen? Auto mode and defrost still work?
On my GX, and I assume it’s the same as the LX, it’s plug and play. I retained the ML amp and my sound was terrible…until I found the setting that the PX6 came with the amp turned OFF! Turned it, set the volume and it rocks, sounds better that stock.

Climate controls all work, but on the GX the on-screen temp does not. Not a problem because there are physical temp buttons on the side of the unit that are better anyway.

I have a 2005 LX470 with the ML system and it's fine. I don't understand your GPS comment about the rear cams. :)

I have the stock ML amp and it's not the best sounding system. But it works. I haven't seen a PnP wiring harness. Some folks spliced it and installed a new amp.

Climate control are part of screen. You press the lower soft keys and it pops up.

The Auto moe works on mine and all the defrost work too (front, rear and side mirrors)

I just installed a PX6 from Phoenix. Everything works except for the rear/side mirror defroster and the control to turn on the rear AC. Have a followup call with Phoenix on this issue. For the backup camera, I opted to go with an after market one and connected it to the trailer wiring in the back. Ran all the wiring under the vehicle, into the engine and through the firewall.

I just installed a PX6 from Phoenix. Everything works except for the rear/side mirror defroster and the control to turn on the rear AC. Have a followup call with Phoenix on this issue. For the backup camera, I opted to go with an after market one and connected it to the trailer wiring in the back. Ran all the wiring under the vehicle, into the engine and through the firewall.
You're talking about the 4 lower buttons?

Check connection J

You're talking about the 4 lower buttons?

Check connection J
Thanks for replying. I have checked the J connection. The physical button to turn the AC on/off works but the other 3 don't. And same with the buttons on the screen.

Thanks for replying. I have checked the J connection. The physical button to turn the AC on/off works but the other 3 don't. And same with the buttons on the screen.
Oh! That's probably the connection to the black box. It looks like the connector is bad.

My soft keys work... but the physical ones didn't. That's the J connector.

Just want to share: I'm in the middle of the "deployment" of the Phoenix Automotive unit [ PX6 six-core ] 12.1" Android 9 fast boot Vertical Screen Navigation Radio for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 2002 - 2007
1. They answer the phone - "+"
2. There is a discount code on their web site - it works, so the unit + backup camera (I plan to install it on the front) + wifi OBD2 is just a little north of 600 - "+"
3. They require picture of your console to make sure it can be installed - "+"
My console "qualified" for install:
View attachment 2859602
4. Shipping is fast, ~ 5 days - "+"
5. The radio's that I receive hard controls (buttons in the bottom) are different from the picture:
On the web:
View attachment 2859597
What I've got:
View attachment 2859599

6. They provide side trim Lexus style, but you can keep what you have - "+"
7. This is NOT PLUG-and-PLAY install, as they are stating - "-"
8. The instructions are chinise only, 2,5 pages... - "-"
9. Install video here
10. Once you created your account, you can submit tickets and they DO process them, you are getting real support - "+"
11. Current issues with the radio right after "plug-and-play" install - "BIG -"
- no sound
- no rear camera
- not working AC controls
Resolved: changed the protocol in Install Set (called them to get password)
- no outside temperature on the screen
Resolved: changed setting in Install Set
- unit reports errors on USB thumb drive
Radio supports only FAT and FAT32, exFat not supported

I created a ticket and had a call with their tech (20 mins ended up being over an hour)
- no sound - the harness that they send to me missing wire to switch the OEM amplifier on.
- no rear camera - you need to go under front passenger sit to run the additional wires for the cam and and the control to switch the radio's display.
This is not easy to reach place, so be prepared to remove the seat and, find there a dust museum along with almost 2 bucks in change as a small compensation for this PITA. See here...
They will send wires and pins for connectors (I do not want to cut the original wires!) and some instructions, so this is on the TODO list.

To be continued...

My PX6 works fine, except two issues:
I can’t turn the rear heater on, both the hard and soft switch activates, but the heater doesn’t. I thought really no biggie, I can just reach back.
But the HVAC doesn’t activate the front foot heating setting, again, the soft button works, but it just closes the flaps to the windscreen and middle vents, doesn’t open the floor vents. After 8 hours of driving in freezing weather with wet boots, I can say this IS an issue! If my circulation was any worse, I would have ended up with trenchfoot!
Any ideas?
Mine’s a 2006 LX, it’s set to “LC100 HI” with “BNR with AC” could it be bad wiring? What plug controls AC? Is it the black box?

My PX6 works fine, except two issues:
I can’t turn the rear heater on, both the hard and soft switch activates, but the heater doesn’t. I thought really no biggie, I can just reach back.
But the HVAC doesn’t activate the front foot heating setting, again, the soft button works, but it just closes the flaps to the windscreen and middle vents, doesn’t open the floor vents. After 8 hours of driving in freezing weather with wet boots, I can say this IS an issue! If my circulation was any worse, I would have ended up with trenchfoot!
Any ideas?
Mine’s a 2006 LX, it’s set to “LC100 HI” with “BNR with AC” could it be bad wiring? What plug controls AC? Is it the black box?
Not sure about LX, but LC100 does not have rear heating, it is only cooling. I think this is why it called Rear AC, and not climate.
I resolved my non-working controls by setting protocol to “BNR with AC”. And tech set to “LC100 HI”

Not sure about LX, but LC100 does not have rear heating, it is only cooling. I think this is why it called Rear AC, and not climate.
I resolved my non-working controls by setting protocol to “BNR with AC”. And tech set to “LC100 HI”
North european versions doesn’t have rear AC, but rear heater, just like the 40, 60 and 80 series did here, usually located under the pass. seat or centre console.
I thought the “REAR” switch was for that?

The biggest thing is my HVAC doesn’t blow down towards the feet.

My 2006 has rear heat, pretty sure all US spec Land Cruisers came with this. I have not been able to make mine work with the PX6, the rear AC does work (button controls on/off, ceiling control overrides).

Tucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom