Nav delete or Tesla style (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm debating between doing a nav delete or Tesla style radio in my new to my 03 LC. I started to get the 3d printed lower part from Proffitt's but my nav screen is pretty much inoperable and I hate leaving it there. I've got a lead on some parts to do the nav delete but all the posts I see use the bezel and controls for a 98-02 LC. The guy can get me the non nav climate and upper bezel from an 03-07 style. Has anyone tried to do the conversion with these parts? He assures me it will work (he sent pics, all the pig tails are there and he sources a lot of parts for folks on the FB group where I found him). I really like all the options the teslas give but kinda prefer the reliability of the factory parts. Any suggestions?

if you find someone that can sell you the 03-07 upper and middle section as a whole for cheap, and it works, and you can hardwire it, it's better than anything for sale out there currently. If your screen is dead, you have nothing to loose.
if you change your mind you will always be able to sell it for more than you paid if you change your mind and want a big android screen instead.

Nav delete 100%.

Beyond looking being out of place, the Tesla screens can be riddled with problems.

if you find someone that can sell you the 03-07 upper and middle section as a whole for cheap, and it works, and you can hardwire it, it's better than anything for sale out there currently. If your screen is dead, you have nothing to loose.
if you change your mind you will always be able to sell it for more than you paid if you change your mind and want a big android screen instead.
The climate controls, upper piece (no screen) side bezels and pigtails are about $650 but that seems to be his going rate on these when he has them. All the "tutorials" I've viewed use the older equipment, is the wiring the same from old to new or will I have to figure it out? I'm an EE and my career has been instrumentation and controls so I think I could get it done if needed.

PLC /ET operators wouldn't have a problem.
forget about 98-02, That's not you.
just google 03-07 nav delete, that will get you to the right place.

Nav Delete.

The Tesla style screen is awesome when it's developed and manufactured by one of the world's leading UI/software companies. It's a hot mess when it's made in South East Asia for a price too low to actually deliver anything reliable of value.
Ha! Seems true for so many things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom