ARB Intensity Lights Compared? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WARNING: I HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD...

This just seemed appropriate.. One of my customers trucks i saw today.
Because who doesn't need 8 ARB lights!
IMG_2367.JPG

I guess I'll test that misterious SEARCH tool everyone talks about!!! ;)

Ya, I find the search tool here kind of fiddly... I wish they'd utilize Google's site-wide search tools...

WARNING: I HAVEN'T READ THIS THREAD...

View attachment 1560586

That's about $7000 worth of ARBs.
Could do the same with Stedi for $2400.

I can think everyone should!

IMG_2916.JPG

Here my choice .. ( well when I had the $$$ to buy them .. )

HTX 230MM HYBRID TECHNOLOGY XTREME LED / HID DRIVING LIGHT - Lightforce

Wow. $1600 per pair.

I had pretty high end HID's on my 100 series.
My Stedi's blow them away for spread and distance illumination.

I'm sure those Lightforce Hybrids are nice, but man, I could have 6 Stedi's for the cost of a pair of those.

I don't mean to pitch for Stedi. I've just been incredibly impressed with their performance, build, included hardware. When I first turned them on in a half-lit parking lot...and they were aimed at the ground straight down...I wasn't. But once I took them out to the boonies and aimed them...man they light the whole road farther than I need to see even at high speed.

Last edited:

I wonder how many people have used sets of halogen and/or HID driving/spot lights in their garage?!! I always loved the IPF HID lights, but never got to experience some of the others on the market.

...now back to 2017 technology and LED discussion. hahaa

I wonder how many people have used sets of halogen and/or HID driving/spot lights in their garage?!! I always loved the IPF HID lights, but never got to experience some of the others on the market.

...now back to 2017 technology and LED discussion. hahaa

Heh. Many people still swear HID's out-perform LED's for distance, but I think that is changing & perhaps they are remembering early LED attempts which tended to suck pretty badly. LED manufacturers have come a long way in focusing their beams for distance. For me, the comparison with my HID's wasn't even close. Plus... HID's have a delay before achieving full brightness, where LED's are instant. If you just want to take a quick peak at a distance without continually blasting, LED's let you do that instantly.

Wow. $1600 per pair.

My Stedi's blow them away for spread and distance illumination.

I'm sure those Lightforce Hybrids are nice, but man, I could have 6 Stedi's for the cost of a pair of those.

I don't mean to pitch for Stedi. I've just been incredibly impressed with their performance, build, included hardware. When I first turned them on in a half-lit parking lot...and they were aimed at the ground straight down...I wasn't. But once I took them out to the boonies and aimed them...man they light the whole road farther than I need to see even at high speed.

they are not cheap for sure .. and your Stedi are really good looking for sure ..

I have the mid-sized vision-x light cannons as well as covers if I want to make them more of a spread pattern. I would love to see ditch light mounts be available. Singles or doubles.

FWIW, I had four vision-x HID's on my 4Runner years ago, center two cut like lasers with pencil beams, outer two were euro pattern for more coverage in the corners. At the time the HIDs out-performed LED, but I'd bet that today (at a certain price point) the LEDs have the same reach and a much lower power use.

18284129231_e2a34c85d4_k.jpg

Hey @Markuson, any long term review on the Stedis?

Thanks! Also, if anyone has found an easy way to get them in the sates, let me know.

Hey @Markuson, any long term review on the Stedis?

Thanks! Also, if anyone has found an easy way to get them in the sates, let me know.

The Stedis have been excellent. However… mine suffered some sort of glitch 4.5 years in.

BUT… Good news is…Stedi is already sending their replacement under warranty, which arrive in a few days. Good company, Stedi.

Their Australian website is setup for buyers in the US, very easy process and I've been surprised how quickly product arrives, generally less than 10 business days.

Their Australian website is setup for buyers in the US, very easy process and I've been surprised how quickly product arrives, generally less than 10 business days.
Thanks, for some reason at first it wasn't loading shipping prices for me. But they are now orderd and can't wait to get them installed.

The Stedis have been excellent. However… mine suffered some sort of glitch 4.5 years in.

BUT… Good news is…Stedi is already sending their replacement under warranty, which arrive in a few days. Good company, Stedi.
Still liking those stedi lights? Do you have a full picture of them on the bumper? I have an ironman bumper and been wanting some of those lights. Wife says she wants them for when we go fishing and she says Xmas is coming.

Still liking those stedi lights? Do you have a full picture of them on the bumper? I have an ironman bumper and been wanting some of those lights. Wife says she wants them for when we go fishing and she says Xmas is coming.

Here.

Honestly, I’d recommend this slightly older model I believe they still sell… The Type-X 8.5:
6B46D73B-BD1B-4AD5-984E-5EEDD9B08F64.jpeg
3AC3B9EC-8D14-4076-8DD7-3AD96AA12BF1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom