Stolen FJ62 - SE Portland - FOUND!!! RECOVERED!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Toyotas are notoriously easy to get into with either a jiggle key or even a key from another old Toyota. I'm guessing this has become common knowledge among the local tweakers; hence the high number of stolen Cruisers lately (Also, so much for the misconception that having a manual trans is a theft deterrent).

I friend of mine had his 80 stolen, and the thieves used his truck to smash open parking meters to steal the change. Seems like a hard way to make an easy living...
Can you call that living?

This guy broke into my 55 about six weeks ago At 01:30. I ran out and caught him. Ended up spraying him with pepper gel as he wouldn’t leave and lunged at my wife, who was talking to 911. He got to meet our local police. Listening to this arrogant little thief complain about his eyes to the cops was hilarious. Even more funny was the cops answer. “We are doing something for your eyes. We’re giving them air.”
I gave him a hose while we waited For the polizei. Cause I’m a former EMT I guess. I’m born here. And I have long since lost sympathy for these wet farts as I’ve had my boat stolen, Rv ransacked multiple times in storage. Car ransacked at marina on Tomahawk Island and watched tweaker camps destroy business after business And neighborhood peace. I wonder how many anarchist turds are these guys too.

View attachment 2769295
damn! you being emt, you should have been able to take it alot closer to the cusp before the johnny law showed up.

A464E385-A4D8-4717-8FC6-40026875D728.jpeg

found - se 20th n clinton.

they stripped the roof rack right here on 20th. all the hardware is on the ground

she’s sti warm so it happened not long ago.

just on way to store for coffee beans and thought to myself. illl take a different route just to cover more streets.

bam!!!

Woot woot! So happy you found it!!

Wow!!! so you just got in and drove off? What's the story?? Police?
Throw in an Airtag in there as well.

Happy for you!! Well done!!

BTW That's the same LC I grew up in!! I still remember the smell of it when it was brand new! Marked for life!
03ce70b5-015c-40a9-a0b0-12c2f9b85f03.jpg

Wow!!! so you just got in and drove off? What's the story?? Police?
Throw in an Airtag in there as well.

Happy for you!! Well done!!

BTW That's the same LC I grew up in!! I still remember the smell of it when it was brand new! Marked for life!
View attachment 2770394
not sure what to do. i’m sitting here in my subaru waiting for PoPo to come.

haven’t touched anything yet. not sure if i can even get a key in the ignition

it’s all locked up. wife is on way with spare key

Video it!!

Nice!!

As you said they probably didn't know what to do with it if they just parked it right there on the street.

Down here it would of been in Mexico the same day stripped

Paul, did you ring 911 and tell them you found your stolen truck, or did you have to sit on hold with non emergency?

Paul, did you ring 911 and tell them you found your stolen truck, or did you have to sit on hold with non emergency?
yeah i told them i found it. they punted me to non emergency.

i have little faith portland police is coming - and ted wheeler sure as eff isn’t either!

i just want to get on record that it’s found

That is great news Paul!!

😂 let'em come out here.
I have cameras, guns, and a tractor. Someone won't make it back to their crack house that day.
No, I meant be careful about the "sort of inherited" thing.

I use a DIY tracker that uses a cell network. Takes a bit of work to get running but its way cheaper than a normal tracking service as its basically $10 for 6months with the right service plan.
Amazon product ASIN B07H3XKNLH Is the main board. You need an Arduino nano uno to use this.
I made a special enclosure to house it and I utilize Freeboards open source IOT program to monitor it. All data going through freeboard is exposed and your location data will be completely available to anyone so I also ended up writing a small encryption code.

Glad you found your rig!

yeah i told them i found it. they punted me to non emergency.

i have little faith portland police is coming - and ted wheeler sure as eff isn’t either!

i just want to get on record that it’s found
Careful...Barney Fife will pull you over and arrest you for diving a stolen car.

Now update the thread title with a great big "FOUND!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom