Stolen FJ62 - SE Portland - FOUND!!! RECOVERED!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SE Portland - 37th & Division.

She's gone...stolen. just got her back from paint too!!
1629909372067.png

1988 Landcruiser.jpg

Roof rack / thule rocket box (full of fly rods) / arb awning. Kuat basket...she'd be hard to miss.
plate: SL74977

I guess if anyone sees her - send up a flare.

thanks
Paul

Last edited:
SE Portland - 37th & Division.

She's gone...stolen. just got her back from paint too!!
View attachment 2768869
View attachment 2768888

Roof rack / thule rocket box (full of fly rods) / arb awning. Kuat basket...she'd be hard to miss.
plate: SL74977

I guess if anyone sees her - send up a flare.

thanks
Paul
Look for threads on here about the same thing that has happened to you in your area has happened alot. That said go out snd LOOK for your landcruiser NOW!!

Was this stolen out of your driveway? Day time? Night time?

Was this stolen out of your driveway? Day time? Night time?
dead end street right in front of our house

sometime between midnight and 7:00 this morning.

Yep couple of other threads they were pretty close to home. I'd start driving around
yeah. police said same. we’ve been driving around. checking out all the lovely s***piles around se portland. any one of them could be a chop shop.

trying to wrap my head around the kind of people who would steal an old Land Cruiser. i mean the parts market for it is not like a red hot market cash cow - there’s just not enough of them on the road for there to be a high demand. what are they gonna do - craigslist it?

they can’t sell a stolen vehicle to anyone who’s gonna bother to register it - the VIN will be flagged as stolen so no dmv will register it. so what’s the point?

Nooo! Sorry to see this. I really hope you locate it soon and unharmed.

well, you shouldn't have made her look so purty :hillbilly: all $h!ts aside, that sucks big time. i hope the trend of finding them fairly close to home continues for you.. n if you catch the f#%ker with it, feed it to 900 lbs of underfed rottie😤

well, you shouldn't have made her look so purty :hillbilly: all $h!ts aside, that sucks big time. i hope the trend of finding them fairly close to home continues for you.. n if you catch the f#%ker with it, feed it to 900 lbs of underfed rottie😤

hahah!! love it... my wife and i have been driving all over s***screek today looking for her.

what has been fun is that I spotted 5 other cruisers...and we've been wondering - do we want it back? if its gone gone for real....whats our next adventure rig? another FJ62 ? maybe one that already has a diesel swap?

maybe a van?

i will say this... lesson in life is don't procrastinate. i have thought about the kill switch solution that I should have included when I did the 5 speed swap - it's really easy to wire off the NSS from the automatic...and hide a button somewhere. that would have saved her.

Bummer man, I really hope you find it...
Maybe look into anyone shady in that paint shop
PSA $29 Lojack

Paul that really sucks!!! So sorry to hear this. Living in NE I stress about having mine stolen all the time and always keep it in the #2 position in the driveway. Did you have a club or anything like that?

Sounds like you have been driving around so assume you have checked up on 33rd and out Lombard and Airport Way? Several have been found up there in the last couple of months.

Will keep my eyes out and hope for the best.

Paul that really sucks!!! So sorry to hear this. Living in NE I stress about having mine stolen all the time and always keep it in the #2 position in the driveway. Did you have a club or anything like that?

Sounds like you have been driving around so assume you have checked up on 33rd and out Lombard and Airport Way? Several have been found up there in the last couple of months.

Will keep my eyes out and hope for the best.
no clubs / no immobilizers / just lucky i guess - and honestly living down our quiet little dead-end... we've had zero issues in 17 years - until the past 2 years when things have started to go missing.

I take full ownership of the fact that I did not make it harder to steal. if I do get her back - that'll be job # 2- after removing fecal matter and needles out of it!! :)

mind sharing where the airport way site is? i'm not familiar with that one.

33rd/Lombard - Josh from Willamette Blvd cruised out that way for me this morning - and another Mud member said he'd hit that again this evening...

Looks like a common thing up there... 4 months ago, very similar to yours... This guy found it so hopefully you will too... May want to post on Reddit as well

Stolen FJ62 in Oregon found

Came across this list of camps recently from someone who recovered their old Toyota wagon stolen from NE. Hope it's useful.

View attachment 2769150
oh my god...this is kinda funny - in a sad way! One of my buddies asked if portland police handed out a flyer like this when they come to make the report!!!

no clubs / no immobilizers / just lucky i guess - and honestly living down our quiet little dead-end... we've had zero issues in 17 years - until the past 2 years when things have started to go missing.

I take full ownership of the fact that I did not make it harder to steal. if I do get her back - that'll be job # 2- after removing fecal matter and needles out of it!! :)

mind sharing where the airport way site is? i'm not familiar with that one.

33rd/Lombard - Josh from Willamette Blvd cruised out that way for me this morning - and another Mud member said he'd hit that again this evening...
Airport way between 166th and Riverside
Ainsworth Circle off of Airport Way
Marine Drive and 112th - right under and on the east side of I205
33rd from Lombard to Marine Drive

Also this really depresses me as a sign of the times but here is a link to a regularly updated map that shows reported homeless camps - orange dots have vehicles:

ArcGIS Web Application - https://pdx.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=853296f2d0c94834846f455f887fe7eb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom