Builds Farm Fresh LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the headliner put in. Paul did a great job. Not a wrinkle anywhere! I had to remake the wood pieces so I used some 6mm marine ply I had in the shop and it worked out good. It is a little thicker than original but it still got covered by the trim nicely. I also had him do the door cards and now I can finally put the handles on for good! Found out that the handle trim rings that I painted over a year ago had a good bit of rust on the back. There is still water that comes in from the vent windows so I figured I better brush and paint those before they go in. One step forward and two steps back.
hsndle trim front.jpg
handle trim rusted.jpg
handle trim painted.jpg

With the headliner in and door cards on, I finally got around to the floors. Went round and round with what to use. I know that water will still be a factor so it had to be able to not mold and not hold water. I had seen a buddy's Colorado with a product called BedRug in it and it seemed like a good solution. All polypropylene so it wont soak up water and hopefully easy to cut and fit. So I started with the back.

IMG_2800.jpg

Bedrug sells a sheet 66" x 96" for about $110. It is 1/2" thick and fairly stiff which actually helped to jam it in and keep it in place. It cuts easily with a utility knife and I actually found some hotmelt glue that will bond it. Super Tac 500 from Infinity Bond. The back worked well so I tried the front area.
IMG_2798.jpg

Next will be the trans tunnel. It has a lot of shape. Really too much for this material but I will give it a try and see. The glue works but you have to put it on low heat and spread it thin. I put a big hot blob on it as a trial and it just melted the foam away. A bunch of small beads actually made a pretty decent bond on some other pieces. I will make a paper pattern first and then see how it goes? I did get a piece for the tailgate as well. It is for a ford F150. One thing I found out about Bedrug is that they are not there to help someone like me with a vehicle that is not on their list. I new I would have to modify to get what I want so I asked what sizes they have and they would not tell me?:mad: So I had to go google all the pick up truck tailgates and find the one that was largest so I could cut it down. I also asked about wheel well pieces from them. And Nope! They don't sell individual pieces, just whole sets! :mad: Really!!! :moon:Soooo helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom