LV parts wanted (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been awhile since I've posted but just acquired an LV in pieces and looking for some parts. Door parts, regulators, handles, strikers, tailgate hinges, tailgate strikers to hatch, rear landcruiser nameplate, toyopet latch assembly, wing vent frames and latch. Easy to find stuff---right? I know these are very hard to find...but maybe some LVers out there might cut loose of their hoard. lol.. Hopeful and praying.

Sounds like your lv gave up its parts for another restore! Yes, very hard to find parts for these!!

Been awhile since I've posted but just acquired an LV in pieces and looking for some parts. Door parts, regulators, handles, strikers, tailgate hinges, tailgate strikers to hatch, rear landcruiser nameplate, toyopet latch assembly, wing vent frames and latch. Easy to find stuff---right? I know these are very hard to find...but maybe some LVers out there might cut loose of their hoard. lol.. Hopeful and praying.
Pics,
Been a while. Congrats on the LV acquisition!
Post up some pictures! And welcome to the LV asylum!😵‍💫😜

Thanks....Yah, been a bit since I've been active on here. But, I'll post pics soon of the LV. Just sourced a full set of window regulators, OUCH...Don't ask......it still hurts. In search for that tailgate latch and hinges.....Anyone? Has anyone ever attempted to make the door strikers? Still praying.....

Hey guys....anyone have a tailgate latch and tailgate hinges. I really don't want to have to make them. Someone? Anyone? I picked up an extra tailgate skin and hatch. Has anyone attempted to make the rear tailgate latch or hinges? How about door strikers? I'll be picking up the rest of the LV next week, pics, Vin#, etc...to come. I've been sourcing parts but still looking for more. It's ok...to sell the rare parts.....isn't it?

Ok. Let the fun begun. I just picked up my LV and pretty excited to dive in, I think. Still sourcing parts as to be expected. Needing most Tailgate stuff, a driver side exterior door handle, door strikers, and wing vent frames. I'm sure there's more. Here is the VIN# FJ45-23702 for the registry---Sorry if I posted in the wrong area. First item of business is to get the chassis rolling, then reapair the front floor area. Give me a shout or pm if anyone has some extras laying around or advice. I also acquired and extra hatch w/glass. Thanks
20240322_122308.jpg
20240322_160416.jpg

So, I thought I would post this, but until I source a driver side exterior door handle, I modified a Scout 800 door handle for now. It seems to be an acceptable solution. Does anyone have any other solutions or door handles they have tried?
20240311_175650.jpg

Well, good morning and Happy Easter everyone. I thought I would post up some progress pics. Got a roller going. Just a roller for now to accept the body for more sheet metal repairs. Eventually, will be blasted, painted, disc braking, FJ60 diffs for the 3.73's, P/S. Rev shackle was already on it---think I'll leave it. Next, is to cut out front floor from the 67 donor and weld in. Once the floor is in, set it down on the chassis for more sheet metal repairs. Not sure what I'm doing with the donor once I've used all the necessary parts, trade bait I'm sure, but it will have a solid front cowl, to the roof section from A to B pillar, door jams. It appears to be a 67--since the eye brow is short. More progress pics to follow. Cheers

20240325_135952.jpg

20240325_143234.jpg

20240325_165224.jpg

20240325_165621.jpg

I think I recognize those parts. Sonoma County? Was the body hanging in the rafters of a barn and the "cab" sitting under some trees 50-ish feet away? ;)

Spent a little time on the set of acorns, but they need some more luv before recrome. Sending off the wheels for a blast and powder friday--dark gray. I guess if I cant get them to smooth out I can go for the repops. But trying to keep it as true as I can....

20240408_200038.jpg

20240408_191859.jpg

Well, made some additions to my doors this weekend as they still lack a few items. So, I did some searching around and stumbled across some interesting finds. Check these out. Opened up the holes a bit and--Waala--Pull handles. Yeah I know, but...when your LV is lacking stuff your creative juices get to flowing. I find it interesting that the vehicle these came off of has very very similar looking parts. Anyone? Here's a hint...made in Japan....
20240413_174353.jpg
20240413_174257.jpg
20240413_161826.jpg
20240413_143245.jpg
20240413_143259.jpg

I need 2 of those for my back doors.. what are they from? 👍😜

Well, kinda close. Came from a Datsun 310/320 trucks. I made the door pulls work for now, but was intrigued on the similarity of the other parts.

After chatting back and forth with Pics45, I wanted to share this for you LV folks. This is an option since our door handles and window cranks are now made from unobtainium...

To be clear, this is a kit of 48-52 Ford door handles (inside and out) and window cranks. The kit also contains the Ford escutchions and the exterior handles for $159/set. You would need two sets and would just not use the exterior handles. Also, the door release would need a little machining to elongate the square hole, but that should be very straightforward.

Take a look and see what you think of this as an option. I may choose to be a Guinea pig and try them. If I do, I'll let y'all know.

Cheers!

I sourced some more stuff today from fellow 55 guys....I got a set of rear 55 tailgate side hinges and one striker. All removed from chopped up 55 panels. Had to get the drill out because heat was not working. They need a some work, 1 needs a hinge spring and they likely need mods to work, but they sure look close and a seem to be good candidates for an alternate route for now. Thoughts anyone?
20240421_164125.jpg
20240421_164216.jpg
20240421_160845.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom