What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (95 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what is this kickdown cable and 7 pin mod thing you speak of?
The kickdown cable adjustment just makes the trans shift nicer if it's stretched or loosened over the years, the service manual states the bead should be 0-1mm away from the red stopper. The 7 pin mod is removing the black/blue trace wire (pin7) from the trans relay, it allows you to go into low range without the center diff lock engaging automatically which is nice

The kickdown cable adjustment just makes the trans shift nicer if it's stretched or loosened over the years, the service manual states the bead should be 0-1mm away from the red stopper. The 7 pin mod is removing the black/blue trace wire (pin7) from the trans relay, it allows you to go into low range without the center diff lock engaging automatically which is nice
thank you for that explanation...so much to learn

The fronts are 985-24-066. The rears are for a 2nd Gen Tundra though they are within a 1/4” of spec to the rear with similar valving. The part number for rears are 985-24-115. Both sets are applicable for 0”-1” lift total. The non reservoir UZJ100 rear part number is 985-24-124.
Anything in the catalog for the 1.5-2" range?

Anything in the catalog for the 1.5-2" range?
The 105 series application are identical to the 100 series with a stem top and eyelet lower, and those go up to 1.5”-2.5” front and rear applications. To clarify these do not come with the lower bolt, so you have to retain yours or buy new.

The 105 series application are identical to the 100 series with a stem top and eyelet lower, and those go up to 1.5”-2.5” front and rear applications. To clarify these do not come with the lower bolt, so you have to retain yours or buy new.
The 105 front appears to be stem/stem mounts, while the 100 (IFS) front is stem/eyelet mounts.

Last edited:
Finally got around to removing the nasty and faded “blue marble” plastic trim stuff. Warm day, an eager 10 year old with an eye for detail, and about an hour was all it took. She did it ::all:: including removing any sticky stuff from the adhesive 😳 and wow what a difference. View attachment 2727244View attachment 2727245

View attachment 2727246
@ChiefKeef I, too, have the ugly blue/gray marble trim pieces and am ditching them to make the interior feel less dated. I noticed the underside of your pieces have only thin strips of adhesive. The pieces that I'm working with (2004 MY) have adhesive covering pretty much the entire underside and it is a BEAR to get them to lift off. The center console area was relatively easy, but the window switch control housing at each of the four doors is unreal. I had to use fishing line and thin cloth to get it to lift enough to slowly separate it from the housing. I've only been able to do one so far and have the three remaining. I probably have about two hours into this project alone.

Just weighed in at 6,420 lbs with the Dobbs storage box, tools, an aluminum floor jack, and me driving.

I'll most likely add another 300 lbs in parts, gear, fuel, water, luggage, and passenger.

So I'll weigh around 6,720 or under 6,800 for the trip. GVWR is 6,860. It sure drives good right now.

1626534379663.png

Washed the grime of Vegas off the tank. I park it outside and backed up on the driveway so the passenger side gets speckled with hard water stains from the sprinklers. Had to get those off and put a coat of wax on.

Next went and hardwired my dashcam using the the map light from above so that’s taken care of.

Wanted to tackle rattle canning my wheels today but have places to go and things to eat today.

Added picture just just because

E47262F3-B8F5-4510-9BAE-6EED7E2E0E53.jpeg

Last edited:
Flushed my AHC system yesterday. Pretty smooth process. Thank you @yotamd for the video and cheer sheet and @landXrsr for the detailed description write up. My pressures are pretty high: front 7.1, rear 8.5, accumulator 10.5. The color wasn't too far off of reddish but dirty looking foam was what was coming out of the left rear globe to start. I still got a fair amount of fluid out of the right rear and a surprising amount from the right front. My heights were looking good all around fronts left and right 19 3/8 : 19 5/8. started pretty uneven but three turns on the left TB and one turn on the right brought me pretty close up front and the rear came in at 20 1/2 on both. I had a lot of photo gear in the truck probably way more weight than camping gear when I'm on an outing but thought I'd go big. I don't have any really level space at my house so I planned on doing this at my parent's place near where the photo job was. Only had one spill of fluid as the hose popped out of my bottle on the left front globe. My ride has never felt bad but I'm also used to my Tacoma and this has only been in my possession for a few months. Still getting used to the heavy feel of this beast but I didn't notice a big change after the flush. I guess I could put spacers in my rear springs. I am very thankful for all you knowlegable people on here. It a huge help to us newbies.

tempImageBadE1R.png

tempImageh3nylV.png

Changed power steering fluid. Was a bit over due. That’s diluted with clean fluid as well.
It didn't appear that black on the dip stick.

BEFCA55C-10FF-437A-A217-EDCC07754C8A.jpeg

Installed a set of 4 note (ACDF) Cadillac horns. Now it sounds like Grandma's 1974 Fleetwood Brougham. BONK BONK

I bought the horns from one of my Tacoma World buddies who periodically sells horns via group buys.

The complete four-note package is called The Park Avenue.

I originally purchased the horns for the Tacoma two years ago. I've been sitting on them until now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom