What have you been doing with your Toyota? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ran the Ringing Rocks trail this morning. Cooling system did okay. I think it can get better still. I almost turned around at one section but, after walking it twice, I convinced myself I could do it and it turned out that I could. Other than the rocky sections that seem to go on forever, it's a pretty fun trail. 152 miles, driveway to driveway.

I gave the onX Offroad app another try too. It's still totally useless in landscape mode but they have improved some things if you run it in portrait mode. My newest gripe is that when you zoom in close enough to see trail intersections the routes disappear. It's probably only an issue if you use it in offline mode, but it’s frustrating. I haven’t deleted the app yet. I hope they keep improving it.

20210622_142407.jpg

20210622_141112.jpg

I ran the Ringing Rocks trail this morning. Cooling system did okay. I think it can get better still. I almost turned around at one section but, after walking it twice, I convinced myself I could do it and it turned out that I could. Other than the rocky sections that seem to go on forever, it's a pretty fun trail. 152 miles, driveway to driveway.

I gave the onX Offroad app another try too. It's still totally useless in landscape mode but they have improved some things if you run it in portrait mode. My newest gripe is that when you zoom in close enough to see trail intersections the routes disappear. It's probably only an issue if you use it in offline mode, but it’s frustrating. I haven’t deleted the app yet. I hope they keep improving it.

View attachment 2711276

View attachment 2711277
If you want to send me a message, I work for onX and would love to get a couple more details to send to our team to see if we can get some of it figured out for ya.

If you want to send me a message, I work for onX and would love to get a couple more details to send to our team to see if we can get some of it figured out for ya.
Message sent. Thanks!

Ok Cruiser Friends and in particular fellow 40 nerds for this one:
So I’ve had this 40 for over a year now and I have never taken off the front seat covers to see what’s underneath. The 40 is having some rust repair so I have all the seats out and of course now’s the time. According to the PO these covers have been on somewhere around 20yrs. So pulled em off to see and 303. They look quite good, but something funky is afoot. 1. The drivers side is immaculate (as far as tears, and my pics are after clean up and 303) and pass backrest has a smallish vertical tear along seem (not bad at all) but the vinyl patterns are mismatched. I hope you can see them in the pics. The drivers backrest and passenger seat bottom match vinyl patterns (smoother) and the passenger backrest and drivers seat bottom match (more textured). They’re in nice shape and I can work on fixing that vertical tear, but does this spark an idea with anyone? I.e., vinyl cover replacements, switched backrest to get the tear to passenger, but that would mean two diff seats to begin with. Anyway, LOVE to hear what y’all think. Thanks in Advance!!

3A539F5A-CF63-49AB-9C23-92B261F18DB9.jpeg

E5262DD1-CDB6-4DCA-8CDE-DCF0C7FC68C9.jpeg

34246FF6-6ED9-4108-9D95-2515180CAEA3.jpeg

2926EDB9-36F1-4442-9957-0306E290AA39.jpeg

865D5945-A584-4365-BE73-62DFA25CC146.jpeg

the textured material is stock, the smooth material is not stock,. a PO had them recovered
who ever assembled them, obviously didn't do a good job, maybe that's why the seat covers were installed???

the textured material is stock, the smooth material is not stock,. a PO had them recovered
who ever assembled them, obviously didn't do a good job, maybe that's why the seat covers were installed???
Just the info I needed. Thanks so much!

I picked this little gem up on caruthers, couldn’t figure out where the noises were coming from till Sam happen to look above the exhaust pipe. We camped at caruthers on Thursday night then tried to get into fisher on Friday. Snow and deadfall was bad. Cleared about half a mile of trail then started to run out of daylight so camped at racetrack lake. And then the story gets good, had to bail but at least we limped home . The boys continued on to medicine lake tonight

Buffing out the scratches from our epic trail ride on the Judith yesterday. 😁

PXL_20210627_222750963.jpg

PXL_20210627_222823375.jpg

Once a year... end of the season... only time to buff pin stripes. How was the trail?
In my opinion it was a great trail ride, a little expensive for me though :-(

IMG_20210626_105016.jpg

IMG_20210626_192044.jpg

Once a year... end of the season... only time to buff pin stripes. How was the trail?
Epic. Some trucks suffered more than others. 28 river crossings each way.

I believe this was the culprit.

PXL_20210626_164850875.jpg

I believe this was the culprit.

View attachment 2715812
That was it, and here is the video from my FJ, I should have been more aware of the terrain in front of me but I was focused on another obstacle that was really close on the other side.

We went up to twin lakes in the tobacco roots. 7 week old Neva did great for two nights in the woods.
Unfortunately we lost the battle to the mosquitoes. We'd usually just cover ourselves in deet and carry on, but that stuff is bad for babies. We spent a lot of time in the truck. The campteq pop top gave us so much space. We could stand up in the back to bounce the baby back to sleep, or just to stretch our legs.
We went in Thursday after work. The trail was good, the bridge seemed fine, but on the way out the trail is posted closed to motor vehicles due to unsafe bridge. Multiple people ignored the signs ,we passed them on the way out.
IMG_2430.jpg
IMG_2437.jpg

We went up to twin lakes in the tobacco roots. 7 week old Neva did great for two nights in the woods.
Unfortunately we lost the battle to the mosquitoes. We'd usually just cover ourselves in deet and carry on, but that stuff is bad for babies. We spent a lot of time in the truck. The campteq pop top gave us so much space. We could stand up in the back to bounce the baby back to sleep, or just to stretch our legs.
We went in Thursday after work. The trail was good, the bridge seemed fine, but on the way out the trail is posted closed to motor vehicles due to unsafe bridge. Multiple people ignored the signs ,we passed them on the way out.View attachment 2720764View attachment 2720765
I didn't see the signs last weekend, wonder if they're new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom