What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I repaired the speaker foam in my LX470. I thought it was only the left side that was crackling but it turns out all 5 speakers were blown. On the up upside I am an expert at removing door panels now and the stereo sounds 100x better. I spent the night listening to a bunch of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Radiohead CDs.

After way too many distractions, and commitments, finally got my Coastal sliders mounted. Nice to have reached this milestone!

6F95CE45-EEF3-4A46-9279-BA9286B840FA.jpeg

479EC6A9-F87A-4C9A-88A2-2B0B5CAE27B8.jpeg

0AB710A6-D38A-4052-95BD-1513E1259C44.jpeg

Sorry not a 100 series photo but I stumbled across this gem with the wife while on a day trip to Sisters, OR eating at an old saloon off the main road through town. We left the LC at home since it's quite a trip and we werent planning on doing any trailing that day (needed an alignment after the inner tie rod replacement).

We spotted another Defender earlier that day, but it was a 2 door version, super cool. I love that little town. It's up in the mountains and this is the main road connecting the other towns in the area so you see a lot of cool cars/rigs roll through.

Anyways, not too long ago I replaced my alternator and in the process had to remove the power steering reservoir. Well, I noticed the hoses at the reservoir started leaking so I pushed back to OE clamps and added some additional metal clamps. Hopefully this stops PS fluid leaking down/around and splattering all through the fender liner.

Additionally, when I cut the OE clamps on the inner tie rod steering rack I made the unfortunate discovery that my rack is shot and leaking fluid. The passenger side had a whole bottle of fluid leak out (no idea how long its been in there) and the driver side was a little less. Once I completed the inner tie rod replacement I sealed it off with zip ties but that was not enough to keep fluid from leaking out. Tonight I cut the zip ties and replaced with some metal clamps. Fingers crossed it holds up.

D45CA088-EAF2-4C38-AEA4-37FE90FD6892.jpeg

Last edited:
Additionally, when I cut the OE clamps on the inner tie rod steering rack I made the unfortunate discovery that my rack is shot and leaking fluid. The passenger side had a whole bottle of fluid leak out (no idea how long its been in there) and the driver side was a little less. Once I completed the inner tie rod replacement I sealed it off with zip ties but that was not enough to keep fluid from leaking out. Tonight I cut the zip ties and replaced with some metal clamps. Fingers crossed it holds up.
Flush the system completely with fresh ATF, bleed it, then top off with AT-205. Stopped the leak at the ITREs, at least for a while, for many of us.

C76FAE33-CAB4-4693-86A0-C06CE099BBA2.jpeg

A757B634-8D91-4F7C-AEB4-4AED56F2E3DE.jpeg

got my retrofit completed and aimed. I went with the Morimoto square lights. Looks a little different than most and I’m assuming a wider spread. Results are awesome, can see so well at night now. I have the high beam splitters so the high beams are full projector + halogen high beam which is a lot

I also got my steering wheel re wrapped by craft customs:
CBB21681-16FC-437C-BFC7-7099BA794035.jpeg

Flush the system completely with fresh ATF, bleed it, then top off with AT-205. Stopped the leak at the ITREs, at least for a while, for many of us.
Will this help with a leaking hose at the reservoir too? I’ve been wanting to try that.

Will this help with a leaking hose at the reservoir too? I’ve been wanting to try that.
That will not stop a leak at the hose connection to the reservoir. You will either need to add additional clamps or replace the hoses. Check @2001LC threads, he lists some alternative to the expensive OEM hoses and additional pipe clamp strategies.

That will not stop a leak at the hose connection to the reservoir. You will either need to add additional clamps or replace the hoses. Check @2001LC threads, he lists some alternative to the expensive OEM hoses and additional pipe clamp strategies.
It’s probably the clamp if it’s at the reservoir. I loosened both clamps while I was working on some other things down below and started getting a steady drip.

I’ve been wanting to do this as well. Did you take the seat and leather off? (Assuming so LOL)
Nope. Stitched it in place. I used the curvy needle to get behind the holes. Plenty of room to work but gets a little tight at the end so i couldn't get it perfectly. But plenty good enough!

highly doubt .. pressure washer .. wouldnt it fray the fabric
I've done it a few times. About every $150K. Hold the wand about a foot away. It's also about the only way to get the retractors retracting again.

View attachment 2676434

View attachment 2676433

got my retrofit completed and aimed. I went with the Morimoto square lights. Looks a little different than most and I’m assuming a wider spread. Results are awesome, can see so well at night now. I have the high beam splitters so the high beams are full projector + halogen high beam which is a lot

I also got my steering wheel re wrapped by craft customs:
View attachment 2676436
Looks great. Can you share the parts list for the light upgrade?

Sorry not a 100 series photo but I stumbled across this gem with the wife while on a day trip to Sisters, OR eating at an old saloon off the main road through town. We left the LC at home since it's quite a trip and we werent planning on doing any trailing that day (needed an alignment after the inner tie rod replacement).

We spotted another Defender earlier that day, but it was a 2 door version, super cool. I love that little town. It's up in the mountains and this is the main road connecting the other towns in the area so you see a lot of cool cars/rigs roll through.

Anyways, not too long ago I replaced my alternator and in the process had to remove the power steering reservoir. Well, I noticed the hoses at the reservoir started leaking so I pushed back to OE clamps and added some additional metal clamps. Hopefully this stops PS fluid leaking down/around and splattering all through the fender liner.

View attachment 2676329

I love old Rovers, but Defenders weren't made for tall people or comfort at all. My grandfather's old '83 60 series was more comfortable than my uncle's Defender 90. I think if I ever had the time and money to own an old Rover, a Range Rover Classic would be on my short list...but then again, if I had the time and money I'd probably have a 40 or 60 series. 😁

Looks great. Can you share the parts list for the light upgrade?
For sure. Maybe I'll do a write up as well.

Retrofit Source
  • BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI D2S STAGE III
    1. 2 × Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0: (Square Lens/LHD)
    2. HID BALLASTS: 2 × 35w / D2S: Morimoto XB Ballast
    3. D2S HID BULBS: 1 × D2S: XB 4300K 35w HID Bulbs (Pair)
    4. WIRE HARNESS: 1 × HD Relay: 9005/9006/9012/H10
    5. HOUSING SEALANT: 1 × Butyl: RetroRubber (Black) (says its optional but definitely needed)
  • Panasquare Projector Shrouds
  • 2x High Beam Splitters 9005M > 9005F / 9006F
  • Morimoto Seal Splitter tool (Pry tool which really helps to get the light housing apart)
DEPO Headlights for 2006
Other stuff
  • Dielectric Grease
  • Dremel Tool with cutting blade
  • Shop-vac to blow away cutting powder from your lungs and eyes, and for clean up!

@Red Beard Thanks a bunch! Writeup would be great but that list should help get me started when I have some time.

@Red Beard Thanks a bunch! Writeup would be great but that list should help get me started when I have some time.
There are like 2 or 3 threads about retrofitting headlights and a lot of the posts are for the glass-type headlights (98-05) LCs so you should have plenty of info.

Not as many posts about mounting in 06-07 headlights. I took lots of photos and screwed up a couple times along the way so I am planning on posting about it.

There are like 2 or 3 threads about retrofitting headlights and a lot of the posts are for the glass-type headlights (98-05) LCs so you should have plenty of info.

Not as many posts about mounting in 06-07 headlights. I took lots of photos and screwed up a couple times along the way so I am planning on posting about it.

Looking forward to the write up since I have an 06.

Nope. Stitched it in place. I used the curvy needle to get behind the holes. Plenty of room to work but gets a little tight at the end so i couldn't get it perfectly. But plenty good enough!
Right on. My interior is in decent condition aside from the tear in the driver seat. Think this will be my next fix lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom