17" 0 offset wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to pull the trigger on the 0 offset wheels. I have been looking for a set of wheels for my lc200 for a while and i was really fond of the oldschool steelie style wheels so after my research i ended up going with the fifteen52 analog hd wheels 17"x8.5 0 offset wheels with a semi gloss slate grey finish. I did my research for quiet some time before making the move on getting those wheels. To be frankly honest im quiet happy with the results and i wanted to share with you some pics and have your thoughts on it. I have to say i do have minor rubbing when steering wheel is fully turned but im planning on getting the oem spacers installed to have more clearance and down the road im definitely going to have a suspension upgrade probably king or the bp51 didnt fully decide yet.

The wheels tires i had installed are the bf goodrich trail terrain 285/70/17. Check my pics below and tell me what you think :)

before 1.jpg

before 2.jpg

before 3.jpg

before 4.jpg

wheel with tire.jpg

I decided to pull the trigger on the 0 offset wheels. I have been looking for a set of wheels for my lc200 for a while and i was really fond of the oldschool steelie style wheels so after my research i ended up going with the fifteen52 analog hd wheels 17"x8.5 0 offset wheels with a semi gloss slate grey finish. I did my research for quiet some time before making the move on getting those wheels. To be frankly honest im quiet happy with the results and i wanted to share with you some pics and have your thoughts on it. I have to say i do have minor rubbing when steering wheel is fully turned but im planning on getting the oem spacers installed to have more clearance and down the road im definitely going to have a suspension upgrade probably king or the bp51 didnt fully decide yet.

The wheels tires i had installed are the bf goodrich trail terrain 285/70/17. Check my pics below and tell me what you think :)

View attachment 3396602

View attachment 3396603

View attachment 3396604

View attachment 3396605

View attachment 3396607

after 1.jpg

after 2.jpg

after 3.jpg

after 4.jpg

after 5.jpg

Poke looks good! I like the look of those rims on your truck.
No option for offset, or were you looking for more width?
Have you noticed any scrubbing sounds on slower corners, especially with paint on them (crosswalks)?
I get some running the same size tire on a +18 offset, with proper alignment. Just wondering.

Poke looks good! I like the look of those rims on your truck.
No option for offset, or were you looking for more width?
Have you noticed any scrubbing sounds on slower corners, especially with paint on them (crosswalks)?
I get some running the same size tire on a +18 offset, with proper alignment. Just wondering.
Thanks and there are options just not as big as whats available for other pcd and bolt patterns. Im fine with what i have at the moment and yes i do have scrubbing sounds and i was able to install the oem front coil spacers and one of the metal clunk sounds disappeared but i still do get some rubbing.

I was thinking of the removing the front mud flaps to reduce the scrubbing and i visually checked the flaps and i can see some marks on the flaps and on the front fender liner.

Yes it does. Look at those fan speed buttons.
Lol as the comedian posted i have the exact same interior console no manual hvac buttons for me

Thank you for taking the time to post these. 285/70/17 on 1552 17" 0 offset (albeit different model wheel and different tire) is the exact setup I was considering and this seals the deal.
You are very welcome and i have to say that you have to expect some rubbing its inevitable but there any many ways to get around it.

Post us a pic after you’re done with the install 👍🙏

Thanks and there are options just not as big as whats available for other pcd and bolt patterns. Im fine with what i have at the moment and yes i do have scrubbing sounds and i was able to install the oem front coil spacers and one of the metal clunk sounds disappeared but i still do get some rubbing.

I was thinking of the removing the front mud flaps to reduce the scrubbing and i visually checked the flaps and i can see some marks on the flaps and on the front fender liner.
Removing the front mudflaps will help, as well as adjusting the front wheel well plastic mount.
You will still probably get a little rubbing backing up while turning, as I do, depending upon the actual diameter of the tire chosen. This is very minor, I've learned to live with it.

Every mod has trades and it's up to the individual to choose what they prioritize.

So people go in eyes wide open, just know there will some compromises due to the aggressive offset that impacts suspension geometry including
  • Scrub radius - impacts to handling, steering pull, cornering traction especially in low grip situations
  • Wear and tear on suspension links/bushings, steering rack, bearings
  • Tire Wear
  • Tire clearance - tire swings more than it pivots, limiting overall tire size and potentially can damage the upper fender if going too aggressive

@Q8Diesel car looks amazing.

This was my favorite wheel and I really wanted it. But looking at the poke of reading about scrub radius etc etc, I wasn't confident in going with a 0 offset and ended up staying at a +40 on my wheel choice.

Nomad or 1552 wheels is what I wanted to target, but their wheels seemed more fitting to a Tundra (offset wise), thus I eventually shied away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom