Wheel Offset Discrepancy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed recently that my passenger side rear wheel appears to sit further inside the wheel well than my driver side rear wheel and my two front wheels by about 1/4- 1/2” relative to the fenders and mud flaps.

I am running OEM 20” wheels (2014 LX 570) all around (and do 5 wheel rotation - my understanding is spare wheel is identical to others) wrapped in 305/55 tires all around and 1” bora spacers all around (yes, I measured each spacer to make sure they are all 1”).

Is this normal? Could my tire shop have messed something up when doing the install. Trying to wrap my brain around how this is possible if the wheel, tires, tire psi, spacers are all identical?

What ride height were you at when you noticed this?

What ride height were you at when you noticed this?

Multiple heights (l, n, h) and even on relatively level ground. I know that AHC is constantly leveling the cabin so I wanted to make sure it was not throwing off what I was looking at based on uneven ground, but I checked on relatively level ground. Also I don’t think AHC leveling would create the discrepancy I am seeing through lateral effects in how the body sits anyway if that makes sense.

Mine is offset too. I think it’s due to the panhard bar and is so that the axle doesn’t move too far the other way as it goes through the arc of its motion during articulation.

I don’t know if my explanation makes any sense but I believe your observation is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom