Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@matzell
Did you drink to much?
No finished Pic?
This is BS!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

The sunroof still leaks, but I gotta take care of priorities...
stickers.jpeg

Decided to wash my winch rope for the first time ever. First pic is the second spray down, second pic is the 20ish.

PXL_20210328_212145894.jpg
PXL_20210328_212743054.jpg

I should do that!
@iptman What did you use to wash it just water?

Yeah I just used the spray nozzle on the hose. Master pull says to use a mild soap but I didn't want to worry about getting all the soap out. I figure this is better than it was.

Some 80 series people have an affinity for certain fan clutches and pull them apart and put different weights of oil in them. I've never seen that mentioned in the 40 series forums.

Worked on the lady's 4x4, rhymes with heap.
Sticking brake caliper replacement. Had to actually special order the part. Think a common enough part would be in stock on the shelf...but nope.
Took 4 hours to bleed the brakes. Couldn't get any fluid through the new caliper, front passenger. Thought maybe there was a lot of air in the line. Took the caliper back off, sprayed the valve and inside of the caliper with brake clean to confirm nothing badly stuck in there. All flowed and drained through there just fine.
Tried gravity bleeding until I got a consistent drip, then it would stop. Bled again with pump method, still nothing coming out. I turned the engine on and pressed the brake pedal a bit and turned the engine off. Cracked the bleeder valve and got some pressurized air jetting out. Repeated this a few times then got a regular squirt. Turned engine back On and watched the piston finally move with power brakes.
Think something was stuck in the caliper passage that worked itself loose under power brakes.
Normally I never would have spent more than an hour jacking with this, but there were no replacement parts on the shelf.
Replaced Pads on both fronts.

Yeehaw

Got to test my new impact gun and a combo bottle jack/jackstand I got for the lady. Way safer I think.

Sticking brake caliper replacement. Had to actually special order the part. Think a common enough part would be in stock on the shelf...but nope.
Took 4 hours to bleed the brakes. Couldn't get any fluid through the new caliper, front passenger. Thought maybe there was a lot of air in the line. Took the caliper back off, sprayed the valve and inside of the caliper with brake clean to confirm nothing badly stuck in there. All flowed and drained through there just fine.
Tried gravity bleeding until I got a consistent drip, then it would stop. Bled again with pump method, still nothing coming out. I turned the engine on and pressed the brake pedal a bit and turned the engine off. Cracked the bleeder valve and got some pressurized air jetting out. Repeated this a few times then got a regular squirt. Turned engine back On and watched the piston finally move with power brakes.
Think something was stuck in the caliper passage that worked itself loose under power brakes.
Normally I never would have spent more than an hour jacking with this, but there were no replacement parts on the shelf.

Yeehaw

Got to test my new impact gun and a combo bottle jack/jackstand I got for the lady. Way safer I think.
That's a great idea--I think I'm going to get Rhea an impact gun!

Yeehaw

On newer vehicles sometimes you need to do a ABS bleed as well as regular and yes having the vehicle running helps activate all this if you do not have a scanner to due it.

just bled my 100 series and encountered weird stuff with pressurized fluid shooting out on the rears. the fronts went as normal though.

Yeehaw

Still amazes me that you can walk in to any Toyota dealership and buy a transmission that's never come on a vehicle they ever sold in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom