Why I don't see many lc100 on the road? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see a fair amount of LC’s and LX’s in north coastal San Diego county. Good mix of stock, some with simple mods (like me- wheels/tires and a roof rack) and some pretty built.

Tons in Raleigh, We have 3 of them. People really don't know what they have. It's crazy. Also, the LX470 selling for 65k on Bring A Trailer was great for 100 owners.

Last edited:
I don't see many here in Middle TN, but there are a few.

I was in Breckenridge, CO last month and was impressed on how many 100 were around, both LC and LX.
I was waving at all of them, but since I was driving my wife's RAM they probably thought I was stupid.

There are 3 in my neighborhood alone, but I see more 80's on a weekly basis.

Even as a 100 owner, they blend in too well with other grocery getters so I probably don't notice them as much as I notice the older series.

I'm always amused by these types of comments, as I see quite a few hundred series out and about, in and around my small neighborhood, and on my ~14 mile commute to/from work. (This is ignoring the 3 in my driveway, the dozen or so in the neighborhood that "i know where they live", and the half dozen or so that park in my downtown parking garage.) In addition, I see the occasional 40/60/80 series, and a metric s*** ton of 200 series.

On our ~2400 mile trip to and from Silverton CO last month, not including in the town of Silverton or on the trail, we saw less than ten 100 and 200 series combined. This probably means that my little corner of the world is the exception and not the norm.

I’m more amused with the multi-cruiser families in the neighborhood. Most that I’m aware of, are the original owners, “mom/wife” has the newest one, “dad/husband” has the wife’s hand me down, kid(s) have either dad’s hand me down or a used one.

Last edited:
I am so happy I did not go into the 4runner pit, I almost. Thas's so true I can see 4runner everywhere.
As everyone else has said, # of units sold. Are you in a more affluent area? I would think people would ditch their 20 year old vehicles for something newer....

In my part of northern virginia, i counted probably 40 4th and 5th gen 4runners in a 3 hour period on saturday morning. Saw maybe 3-4 cruisers.

Come to MT. There's a lot of Hundys around here. No joking. I see them all over town.
It's the same here in Idaho.

I was waving at all of them, but since I was driving my wife's RAM they probably thought I was stupid.

I rented a Heep one time when my wife’s volvo was in the shop. Every other vehicle on the road started waving at me as I passed. I didn’t realize at first ‘It’s a Heep thing’. I felt like a fraud waving back, plus my arm got tired, and I felt rude to ignore them all. I gave the Heep back to my wife and jumped back in my Cruiser ASAP. Still gives me the willies thinking about it. (Ha! No pun intended. Really)

I see at least 2-3 100 Series/day here in the Austin area. Most are stock and of the LX variety. Heck, there are 3 stock LX470s in my neighborhood (2 on my street). I see others at various stages of builds as well from time to time. Not sure if I simply notice them more now that I own one or if they were always in relative abundance given their VERY low sales numbers. You're definitely WAY more likely to see 98-99 models than 00-06 models as sales dropped precipitously post 2000.....18k in 99 down to 6.7k in 2002 and further down to 3k in 2006.

I just moved to SW Colorado and I see cruisers all the time.

Sometimes I go bowhunting in Durango and see lots of hundy's. Bunch of smart people.

Also, the LX470 selling for 65k on Bring A Trailer was great for 100 owners.
n = 1 doesn't mean much. Odds are the majority of 100s that are of sufficient quality to sell on BaT will bring between $13K and $18K.

I nerded out o_O:

BaT_Prices.jpg

There are lots of rust free specimens in Little Rock. Its strange but I always see them at gas stations.

Daddy always said the best thing about a Dodge was that there are plenty of parts at the junk yard.

n = 1 doesn't mean much. Odds are the majority of 100s that are of sufficient quality to sell on BaT will bring between $13K and $18K.

I nerded out o_O:

View attachment 2402030
Agreed and understand. Just can't believe someone paid that! I could build that exact truck for like 35 all in.

Hey zhloea,

I'm just a little ways northeast of you, in the foothills above Auburn. I see quite a few 100s around the greater Auburn area, including another modded LX on my road (mine's not modded; just roof tent, awning, and usually a bike rack... so far). I'm sure I notice them more now that I own one.

Cheers!

I nerded out o_O:

View attachment 2402030
I love data-viz and nerding out, so I appreciate this :)

If one you could come up with a function that takes into account mileage, year, and condition, and spit out a narrow range LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom