Let’s see your white 100 series! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clean white snow and a very dirty white LX.

Vr3vGV7.jpg

Need more pictures! Keep them coming!!!

1587675785887.png

Will be repainting the side cladding and bumpers. I am digging the all white LC/LX that I have seen. For folks that repainted, where did you source the matching paint?

update with new trim color scheme...

EA32E7B1-A15D-4F37-B357-C74F0EC89F17.jpeg

EDCC03B0-0587-4119-802D-03D63D6491EA.jpeg

For folks that repainted, where did you source the matching paint?

I used Duplicolor Color Match to do front and rear bumpers and side molding. If I’d have spent more time prepping and taping, it would have been much better.

Two “their fault” fender benders later front and rear have been professionally painted:

C35E38AA-40B3-422C-96F9-2DD9FCD4E70A.jpeg
2ED9D168-6296-4785-A900-0C1C4A4108FE.jpeg

ARB Bar and Snorkel in the last two weeks!

Snorkel Done.jpg

Part of my 300k renovation this Spring was painting all trim to match body.
When I acquired my 99 many years ago, it also was adorned in gold.

View attachment 1756094
How did you paint the side trim pieces? Is the consensus of this 9pg thread that you can either plastidip, rattlecan, or vinyl decal the side trim pieces? Can anyone provide a succinct advantage/disadvantage and process for each method? I just want to paint white to match the color of the cruiser and don't need any accent in the middle portion of the trim. Cheap is best, easy is best. I'm pretty good with a can.

Last edited:
How did you paint the side trim pieces? Is the consensus of this 9pg thread that you can either plastidip, rattlecan, or vinyl decal the side trim pieces? Can anyone provide a succinct advantage/disadvantage and process for each method? I just want to paint white to match the color of the cruiser and don't need any accent in the middle portion of the trim. Cheap is best, easy is best. I'm pretty good with a can.
I can’t comment on advantages and disadvantages of the methods. But unless I get info that sways me, I will be rattle can painting my side trim moldings . I’m not expecting a perfect job. But is should be good enough, easy enough, and cheap enough.

I can’t comment on advantages and disadvantages of the methods. But unless I get info that sways me, I will be rattle can painting my side trim moldings . I’m not expecting a perfect job. But is should be good enough, easy enough, and cheap enough.
Have you determined which paint/color/method to use for it? It seems like masking off the sides of the truck around the trim and slipping some painters paper behind the trim then just doing 3-4 nice thin coats and a clear coat would look very nice and probably only be about 20$ worth of rattle. Thoughts?

Have you determined which paint/color/method to use for it? It seems like masking off the sides of the truck around the trim and slipping some painters paper behind the trim then just doing 3-4 nice thin coats and a clear coat would look very nice and probably only be about 20$ worth of rattle. Thoughts?
I pulled the trim on one side and then did what you describe on the other ( minus the clear coat—none on the truck so why put it on the trim, I reasoned). Method 2 was easier. Method 1 allowed me to get all the crap out from behind/around the trim.... not sure which I’d choose if I had to do it again, honestly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom