Events/Trails Kreiten's 2018 LCDC photos and technical discusion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run a little higher (23-25) just because of the 20s.

Seems like the load range E tires don't flex much unless you get low pressure or a lot of weight on one wheel .
Check out Mark's tire in the hells gate photos. The passenger rear was easily a few inches out to the side.

Ya, although I think Rmily or Ken took a photo at another point where my tire was wrapped around something. They definitely spread/wrap.

Maybe Ken can find it.

I was running around 20 but by Hell’s Gate they were pretty hot and likely well higher at that point. Have a look at your Bridges trail photos, Ken. :)

@Atwalz also had a fantastic idea of paint marking suspension nuts and bolts to physically see if anything became loose. I'll be doing the same soon, but luckily nothing shook loose during this trip. Good times.

@Atwalz also had a fantastic idea of paint marking suspension nuts and bolts to physically see if anything became loose. I'll be doing the same soon, but luckily nothing shook loose during this trip. Good times.

That was a great idea... @Atwalz what was the answer? Anything loosen up for you?

That was a great idea... @Atwalz what was the answer? Anything loosen up for you?
Nothing loose. Torque paint works great and it’s tamper proof.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, although I think Rmily or Ken took a photo at another point where my tire was wrapped around something. They definitely spread/wrap.

Maybe Ken can find it.

I was running around 20 but by Hell’s Gate they were pretty hot and likely well higher at that point. Have a look at your Bridges trail photos, Ken. :)

Here Mark, grabbed a screen capture from the vid of Hell's Gate. Your tire does look a little wrapped on the slickrock :)
markuson_tire.png

upload_2018-8-9_16-36-31.png

crappy phone video from the bottom of the hill, but if you look closely at the right rear tire you can see it pooching out pretty good.

Nice!

I think front tires looked normal (not squished) near the top of Hell’s Gate (like in those earlier HG photos) for the same reason trucks felt dangerously close to flipping backward—nearly all weight on the front tires is gone! :) So not gonna show much squish in front but the back is a different story as theee last two photos show.

Even aired up, my RGs pooch a bit because street pressure (according to the PSI Ninja) is a low 33.

Last edited:
@BTUMAN putting his rig right in the show to help pull Will out!
i-bcvLC7J-X3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom