Underbody Photos and Rustproofing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A question for the boards....

I'm getting ready to sell my 2013 LC with ~76,000 miles.

I purchased the vehicle in 2021 with about 55,000 miles. The original owners used the vehicle to drive from their house in the Hamptons down to West Palm Beach, FL every year, so it never saw a winter and had a full dealer service history. I've had it rustproofed with NH Oil for the Michigan winters/salt, but I live on a dirt road so there's a layer of dirt in with the oil.

I don't believe there's any significant rust on the vehicle, but I want to be transparent when I sell it. Do you think it's worth power washing the underbody to get clearer photos? I'd be willing to have another NH Oil application done before selling it (it's due anyway), but I don't want to make it look like I'm trying to hide anything with a fresh rustproofing application (which will just make everything shiny black)
IMG_0753.jpeg

Any Thoughts or feedback are welcome

Being in the northeast, I undercoat mine every year or two. I'd think that if you could pressure wash from the bottom, let it dry, then take some pictures, it would help. While I love a fresh undercoating, it does hide whatever rust might be there and makes me leery when shopping.

Thanks for the feedback. I found a new shop that's going to clean the underbody, take the photos, and then re-apply the NH Oil (it was due for a re-coat anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom