Builds Mike's 1978 FJ40 Turbo Diesel Refit Project and Cross Country Road Trip! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Solid.

Drop a line next time you are in NY. I'm in the Kingston/Woodstock area (Exit 19 Thruway)....

:cheers:
I will be in Highland (exit 18 ;) ) this Friday night until about lunch time Sunday!

Some final touches before departure, so I wont have much time. You could stop by and take s peek though!

I will be in Highland (exit 18 ;) ) this Friday night until about lunch time Sunday!

Some final touches before departure, so I wont have much time. You could stop by and take s peek though!

Tempting. I'll drop a line if it works out. I have a medical procedure Friday so I don't know what the weekend holds as of yet.

Yo, Killer job so far, Does it float too?? across lake Michigan?
Cruiser doesn't float, but this does:
upload_2018-7-31_9-12-26.png

Hey I know you! :)

OK so I stopped being cheap and I paid for the yearly subscription to Roadtrippers. Here's the latest:
upload_2018-7-31_9-58-26.png

I've been trying to get this portion of the trip dialed in as I am the most excited for it:
upload_2018-7-31_9-59-35.png

Anyone have input?

Anyone have input?

I think the drive out of Jackson over Teton pass (hwy 22) is more scenic, but not as direct as going through alpine. If you like beer stop at Melvin brewing in Alpine. If you’d be interested in some dispersed camping near Teton away from the crowds shoot me a pm. If it were me I wouldn’t pass that close to the wind rivers without making a stop ... I’d also be cutting south through Utah though, but maybe not without a/c :D

Last edited:
Do you recommend Cuyahoga NP? I've never been there, but its on the way to the MI dunes.

Thanks,

Mike

I like the Kendall Ledges in the CVNP. Its a quick hike.

Pictured Rocks and the Seney refuge are well worth seeing in MI UP as well if you make it that far north. 12 mile beach is a great campground but they dont take reservations.

I like the Kendall Ledges in the CVNP. Its a quick hike.

Pictured Rocks and the Seney refuge are well worth seeing in MI UP as well if you make it that far north. 12 mile beach is a great campground but they dont take reservations.
Yea we don't have much time to go any further north:
upload_2018-7-31_17-51-39.png

I will check the hike out though thanks!

I used to Run Snowmobiles up to Copper Harbor from Houghton in college. Never seen in without snow though! :)

-Mike

I used to Run Snowmobiles up to Copper Harbor from Houghton in college. Never seen in without snow though! :)

-Mike

Michigan Tech? I spent a summer there in college with the ME department in their diesel engine lab

Michigan Tech? I spent a summer there in college with the ME department in their diesel engine lab
Yea I visited their campus a few times. My school would compete against them in SAE Clean snowmobile competition!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom