What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed the shade machine. Zip on room will be here just in time for thunderstorm camping this weekend.
B27BDCB4-696C-474E-837A-46B4EF54F5A5.jpeg
02B07330-1D38-4F98-802E-261B4FD3F60D.jpeg

Acquired the beastie a little over a week ago- thus far:

- purchased and programmed 1 transponder and 2 remote keys.
- replaced tires and purchased lifetime alignment plan
- replaced the radio with a modern CarPlay unit
- repaired the dreaded T hoses
- new mats
- filters, fluids, etc.
Where did you have keys cut I ordered a key and went to add and they don't do electronic keys

Just ordered new front speakers to match the new rear speakers i installed this week.
Also ordered a replacement piece of trim that's been missing for months.

Where did you have keys cut I ordered a key and went to add and they don't do electronic keys

I went to Toyota in Portland for the 2nd transponder key- after verifying my ownership, they cut the key.

For the 2 remote keys, I went to my local hardware store and they cut the keys.

What will you be using for side mirrors?
It’s a Jayfeather 7 so it’s a narrow body, 1’ less than the regular Jayfeather line. I feel like I can see pretty well for shorter trips with the factory mirrors, but I was thinking about the mirrors referenced in this thread: Clearview Tow Mirrors

I have done my heater Tee's, changed all 4 shocks and sway bars linkages, and installed a new stereo with 4 speakers with an aftermarket sub. Also had to replace my antennae. Its been a busy week! But I couldn't have done it without the FAQ section here.

I’ve had heater Ts replaced, brake fluid flushed and replaced, bearings re-packed and next week set for a new power steering rack... $$$$.. HOWEVER once all of that is complete, she should be good to go for a long time.

Plasti-Dip white. I only did it on one side. Lol. I have not had time to do the driverside, as you can tell in some of the pictures.

in the middle of plasti-dipping mine now..... how many cans did you use for one side? Mine does not look smooth at all its kind of textured.... did yours turn out this way?

I went to Toyota in Portland for the 2nd transponder key- after verifying my ownership, they cut the key.

For the 2 remote keys, I went to my local hardware store and they cut the keys.
I purchased a new denso key just the key and i swapped the button module. Went to my local hardware store ACE and they said they do not cut electronic keys. Hmmm....

Does your truck have AHC? If so, how did it do with the trailer?
My 06 does have AHC. I’m running a sensor lift with 30mm spacers in back with the original springs. It handled the load great, and that was with a full fresh water tank(the dealer filled the tanks, I plan to tow with empty tanks in the future) and full load of propane. I pulled the trailer the first 75 miles on the interstate without a WD or anti-sway hitch. The tongue weight wasn’t an issue. Sway was a different story though.

I did a good bit of research beforehand and decided on this hitch Andersen Hitches Weight Distribution Hitch | 2-5/16" Ball Included

We eneded up getting done at the dealer later then planned so I decided to install the hitch when I got home. After about 75 miles in the interstate I decided to pull over and install the hitch ASAP. The sway was pretty bad.

After I got the hitch installed and back on the road it was a night and day difference. I’m VERY impressed with this hitch. The only way I could tell the trailer was back there was to look in the mirror. It was solid as a rock. The dealer said they had never seen or heard of this type of hitch and seemed skeptical. (That and the fact that they looked at the torque wrench I brought and laughed was enough to make me decide they weren’t touching the hitch) I highly recommend taking a look at it though if your in the market. It’s a really cool design, and very stout. I plan on doing a write up soon on the hitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom