This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After seeing my buddys 100 series LC at our deer lease in 2010 or 2011 I knew I had to have one..... I was sold, hook line and sinker. So after years of waiting and going through 2 4runners I finally got to purchase the truck of my dreams! There will be work involved as its a 02 100 series LC making it 16 years of age but thats ok because I get to ride in an LC everyday! Here is my build although nothing amazing and not showy it will be perfect for what I need and desire..... no winches or bumpers or anything of the like because I dont have the budget nor the time to use these awesome pieces of gear. I will eventually purchase some gear like roof rack and fridge and maybe upgraded suspension but beyond that pretty typical but Im good with that! Currently running the 275/70/16 bfg ko2s but looking for the 285/75/16 load range E. Bought the spacer kit from slee for rear springs and will crank torsion bars soon.... ill update once done. Grill guard is coming off this weekend and needing it gone.
IMG_0371.JPG
As I bought it.

IMG_0405.jpg

Took the running boards off and liking it.

IMG_0409.jpg

Had to get the steering wheel taken care of....16 years was showing bad. Wheelskins cover in oak. Try the brown but get the swatch first to test it. I failed to do that and while not horrible its not perfect.

Last edited:
Looks nice...I also need a wheel cover. I recommend removing that brush guard if your gonna do any excursions.

I might be interested in the grill guard if youre giving it away.

I would love to give it away but I would love the money as I need to buy my wife a Apple Watch she has been wanting.... I got what I want and I need to be careful not to just spend money on myself. $150 and it’s yours!

I would love to give it away but I would love the money as I need to buy my wife a Apple Watch she has been wanting.... I got what I want and I need to be careful not to just spend money on myself. $150 and it’s yours!
I would have to think about 150, what kind of shape is it in? Message me some picts of it.

Congrats. I saw that one in the area for sale, I'm looking for a 3rd hundy and an 80.

There was one similar at a small dealership in McKinney, Tx.... great guys but some minor issues with the LC. I got this from a guy whos wife drove it as primary vehicle since 04 when they bought it from a friend. Very pleased but needing to do some work on it. Soon I will need to replace the steering rack :frown: that comes with the territory though.

UPDATE! I bought the steering rack assembly today along with tie rods and will be having it installed all for under $1000 which Im thrilled about. Also did some mods to the console by taking out the drink holder that never gets used and will potentially be installing the "wits end" organizer to the bottom of the top lid on console. Here are the mods for now....

It works for now but all is attached via velcro.... I might take the cd changer out at some point but right now Im to lazy to take everything apart to get it done. I might line the insde of the changer with the padding thats in the bottom of the console and use it for a holder for something that way if needed I can always put it back to OEM.

Just added another piece to the top of console and need to get it sewn up and looking good. Its perfect for holding my sunglassees and usb cords and pens or whatever else I need.

Bought and installed the RAM POD Mount which bolts in the the seat bracket..... I like it for a few reason and also dislike for a few.

2. No drilling or damage to vehicle
3. Great spot to put it vs in the dash where heat can effect it and block visability
4. Allows me to remove ipad and set my phone on same ipad mount using magnet attached by me not included with kit
5 I can mount this in my wifes car or in the back seat at any point and put back easily

Dislikes
1. I wish it was a bit stronger
2. Will have to add something for support but it will not be major or anything tacky
3. Big black rod sticking out but honestly who cares....

Got my steering rack in as well along with new tie rods and bushings and all those goodys and will be having a local guy install for $300! Rack came from camelback toyota parts and was total around $680 I think with rack and pinion new tie rods and bushings. Dealership quoted me over $1700 for all of it including labor!!!

Next step getting the Slee Dif Drop Kit for to go along with my spacers from Slee Offroad. O and re-indexing those torsion bars cause mine are maxed out :frown:

Wow your center console setup is awesome. I don't have the disc changer in mine so tons of space, would love to have a holster in there for my S&W M&P 9 Comapct. I don't like driving with it on my hip/back and that setup is perfect for travel. Easy to holster up in the car too if you need to conceal.

Thanks @atnolan94 i appreciate it! I just added the top section after getting it cut to fit and for having it laying around it’s been awesome! Glad I was able to repurpose something that I had almost thrown away.... here’s the pic.

Updated the top console piece to fit better and look better.

I've done the LEDs and the mudlfap eliminators and been super happy with both.

For the LED's I think I linked the Amazon kit I used in my build thread. If not, I'm happy to send it to you. They look good. They're crisp white, not blue which is what I wanted.

@atnolan94 send it! Might try and have one as a backup.... can’t hurt.

Also forgot to mention that I got my steering rack and pinion along with new tie rods and bushing done yesterday. Feels good driving down the road knowing that’s one less thing to worry about. This is where I went for mine. Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping
I also am thinking about near future doing the alternator and heater Ts. If there’s anything else to improve on let me know.

There was one similar at a small dealership in McKinney, Tx.... great guys but some minor issues with the LC. I got this from a guy whos wife drove it as primary vehicle since 04 when they bought it from a friend. Very pleased but needing to do some work on it. Soon I will need to replace the steering rack :frown: that comes with the territory though.

Hey really random, I actually looked at that 99 online at that dealer in McKinney when i was looking for mine. Never went to actually look at it because I got too good a deal on mine. Is this the one? What was wrong with it? Price just seems a tad high is all.

Used Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale - CarGurus

@atnolan94 send it! Might try and have one as a backup.... can’t hurt.

Also forgot to mention that I got my steering rack and pinion along with new tie rods and bushing done yesterday. Feels good driving down the road knowing that’s one less thing to worry about. This is where I went for mine. Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping
I also am thinking about near future doing the alternator and heater Ts. If there’s anything else to improve on let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXKTW6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey really random, I actually looked at that 99 online at that dealer in McKinney when i was looking for mine. Never went to actually look at it because I got too good a deal on mine. Is this the one? What was wrong with it? Price just seems a tad high is all.

Used Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale - CarGurus

YES! Thats the one I test drove and all. Its ok... I got him down to $8300. He knows a ton about LCs and has a couple of them including an LX470. Liked the guy but the vehicle had a couple of spots I was curious about on paint. Looked like it could have been rust and it had been covered up maybe... Also took it to the dealership and they said it would need brake booster and a couple of other things on it done totaling over $3000 and I honestly just felt like I should wait. Then two weeks later found my 02.

Thanks man! Next time Im in the Dallas area Ill shoot you a PM if ya want to get together and check the LCs out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom