Builds 1966 FJ40 Frame-Off Build (3rd Generation Owner) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And now, not to let that shake me up, straight to inventory and getting to work on this bad boy. Left over parts anyone?

2C6657A8-25B3-40E7-BEFC-D46007EFF9CD.jpeg

What is the T-66 tag? I assume it is the year of your vehicle but did every fj40 have a tag like that?

That is the year. I have no clue on every FJ getting one. I polished that one that my grandpa had in the engine compartment where it is mounted now.

Jason-

That is the year. I have no clue on every FJ getting one. I polished that one that my grandpa had in the engine compartment where it is mounted now.

Jason-

I "think" those little brass tags only applied to "leftover" trucks that did not sell in their production year. The dealership would have applied the brass tag to your 66' sometime in early 67' Jason. That way the dealer could keep track of inventory. All in the days before door plate stickers so it was a bit tricky to know the year on things.

I "think" those little brass tags only applied to "leftover" trucks that did not sell in their production year. The dealership would have applied the brass tag to your 66' sometime in early 67' Jason. That way the dealer could keep track of inventory. All in the days before door plate stickers so it was a bit tricky to know the year on things.

Ross, actually it was the opposite. Brass tag was for year first sold. I have friends with 65s that have a 66 and even a couple with 67s.

Ross, actually it was the opposite. Brass tag was for year first sold. I have friends with 65s that have a 66 and even a couple with 67s.
Ahh, ok. I knew I was in the ballpark though

Wow, amazing stuff all around Jason. It's been both an education and inspiration for those of us doing similar full blown builds. Ross's detailed photos and explanations of work being performed are invaluable, as well as everyone else's comments along the way. Looking forward to the final chapters!

Last edited:
:doh:

My apologies to Ross!

Jason, quick question: Going way back to your plating part of the project> I think I mentioned I found a plating service here in NJ. In any event, how did you keep things organized or did everything end up in one big bucket i.e. various size nuts & bolts.

Thanks, Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom