Builds 1966 FJ40 Frame-Off Build (3rd Generation Owner) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's happening everyone? I'm a newbie here and I just took possession of my Grandfather's 1966 FJ40 that he purchased in early '68 from a private owner who had it less than a year, that bought it from the Toyota dealership new. My Dad took title in 1995 till this year (2016), when I picked it up from him at it's 50th year anniversary. Excited to get going on it. I'll be posting pics soon and documenting my build. Great site and a lot of good info on here. Talk soon.

Jason Reed
Bakersfield, Ca

1966 Toyota Landcrusier (Dad's).jpg

Last edited:
Is that some sweet orange shag carpet? Awesome

wow, sweet ... what a survivor ... deserves a refresh to its former glory including the original colour ...

I love that it's been in the family since new!

If you can, restore it to original color at least.

Looks great!
What are your plans for your build?
Keeping original as much as I can. Top, glass and doors were rough, plus I want to do a open top restoration, so going back all original except top and doors. Original 3-speed on column and vacuum 4WD. Looking forward to it. I know some may say go back to original and recondition top and doors to exact, but I really want to do a sweet open top look and being here in California, I'll break it out in spring, summer and fall and put it up for winter :)

Is that some sweet orange shag carpet? Awesome
Ha- Yup nice shag carpet. I'll take it out before you get the frame. I know your jealous that you can't steal it yourself. Pops and his unique look he gave it. Shag orange carpet, good times :)

And these are the latest shots from 2 weeks ago. Pulled the original wheels off, sent them to the coaters. Found these stock Chevy rollers to move this thing around for the next 6-8 months or so and ordered my plates last week to secure them :)

Photo 7.jpg

plates.jpg

Very nice, Congrats. Never ever sell that hard top. It will be a PITA to store but should be preserved if possible.

^^THIS^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom