LX 450 and Other New Things (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its a big weekend for us!
  • Today we pick up a new-to-us LX450. Heather and I have been looking for a FZJ for a while as several know :). It is an ONSC member's truck, so that is cool, too.
  • We also closed the Due Diligence period and final negotiated price on a new home in downtown Pittsboro. We will be taking over the Rosemary House B&B and running it while I still work at Lenovo. We will be running it as a Bed and Gallery, focused on clean/comfy rooms, local art, regional goods, and national folk art for sale. We will be living in a small <500 sqft apartment in the home :)
We have a lot of work ahead of us, hopefully not as much on the LX as on the house :)

Last night we took the Greyhound to Wilmington to meet the current owner of the LX this AM.

It was my Wife and Daughter's first trip on a Greyhound . . .it was OK :)

20171117_161908.jpg

More to follow.

Last edited:
To Do List:

Last edited:
Current Truck Pictures:

20171123_110650.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting for pics....

Did you buy that beautiful LX in Wilmington? The one with the 4" Slee lift? I have been pestering that guy to sell it to me since September. We just couldn't agree on price. If that's the one you got, kudos to you. It is spectacular! Congrats!

Congrats Jamie. Beautiful truck and even more exciting change of pace in the homefeont. Looking forward to getting to see both!

Fantastic news, Jamie - congrats to you and your family!

From phone. More info to follow. @NCjeff was seller.

20171118_151850.jpg
20171118_133749.jpg

Waiting for pics....

Did you buy that beautiful LX in Wilmington? The one with the 4" Slee lift? I have been pestering that guy to sell it to me since September. We just couldn't agree on price. If that's the one you got, kudos to you. It is spectacular! Congrats!

Yes sir- thank-you, Dave.

Jeff stated that he really wanted the truck to go to a guy with only a Tundra so that guy could "get right" with ONSC vs be non-legit. But seriously, we settled on a fair price and all parties are happy, I think :)

Congrats Jamie. Beautiful truck and even more exciting change of pace in the homefeont. Looking forward to getting to see both!

Always welcome, Jason!

Congratulations on everything! Beautiful truck! there is very little chance of my wife getting on a bus, much less to go get a new ride.

That's hawt!

Now my daughter wants one - so still looking for one in the ~$5K range, like everyone else :)

Congrats,on finally getting a 80 /LX.

Couple additional pics around Wilmington:

We got up early this AM to see the sunrise and saw all the shrimp/fishing boats lined up waiting to go out:

20171119_062055.jpg

It ended up being rainy and wet and no real sunrise :) Still fun to see the boats.

We stopped by the Moores Creek National Battlefield to check it out on the way home up 421. I have started collecting the cancellation stamps for the places we visit in the NPS.

20171119_093626.jpg

Passport Cancellation Locations - eParks - Where your purchase supports America's National Parks.

Couple initial issues:

1. Antenna is sticking going up. WD40 has cleaned them up and lubed them in the past. I will try that, but want to move to a Tundra whip ASAP.

2. Passenger side rear window stuck going up after working great for a day :) Looks like I need to clean/lube check all the windows out.

3. Where are all the electric outlets and cup holders!! :) Looks like I am going to have to use some of the parts I planned for the Tundra on this truck :) I have already been looking at a second battery install as well *sigh* Gotta get a couple more outlets for crap. If I'm bring power up and pulling the dash out I might as well do the stereo. Any tips are welcomed in all that.

4. Bought this even if I don't have them . . .yet - :) Pretty much set on the Harrops and either 4.56 or 4.88:

Switch - Toyota (84725-60020) | fat.parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom