LX 450 and Other New Things (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the new K02s on. Costco had to spend a lot of time/effort balancing them :\ :)

AT's are a lot smoother on the road. Helps being machine balanced vs bags of bb's.

20171123_110650.jpg

Looks like I will be keeping the MTs for trips where needed.

Jeff had a ton of Toyota parts - mostly hoses and regular maintenance stuff. Going through that to try to find/replace what looks to be needed. Also cross referencing with the 80 Tech FAQ stuff.

Last edited:
Good news!!

The Tundra and LX450 share the same Oil Filter!

Bad news:

I thought the 5VZ (4Runner 3.4L) and the 2UZ shared the same filter - I have been using the 4Runner "long one" on the Tundra. It fit perfect, doesn't leak, etc.

Tundra board people say the Mobil 1 M1-209 is OK to use with the Tundra . . so . .not sure wth is going on :)

I'm just using the new YZZD3 going forward and will let the 4Runner use the M1-209A.

Looking into this . . :(

20171123_132550.jpg

Last edited:
I used to use Mobil 1 10W-30 for a few years but after doing some research, I now use Mobil1 Turbo Diesel Truck oil with Mobil1 M1-301 filters. The turbo diesel oil contains detergents and zinc additives. The Mobil1 filter has always consistently ranked high on the oil filter comparison lists.

Looking for advice on this dual battery:

On my 2nd "house" battery, I want to run a 6 AWG to the back like my truck and also a 10 AWG to my dash. Would like to have one on/off switch at the firewall to turn off both lines if possible.

Path:
  • From my + on my house battery, left side as you face the LX,
  • MBRP Fuse of the appropriate amps/distance for 4 AWG, say 80A to switch on the firewall
  • m-Series Switch 4 AWG in, but then put a 6 AWG AND a 10 AWG on the other post of the switch and run them to their respective places
  • Ground from my house battery to starter battery which is on the engine block, etc.
Expected responses:
  1. This is OK, but you will need a new inline fuse as close to the switch as possible with the correct rating by gauge
  2. This is Fine, your 80A fuse covers you for all the wire
  3. This is bad - you need separate lines from the battery to each part of the truck.

For your initial feed from the house batt, use a buss man or other waterproof breaker. serves as both a switch and protection.

Pics of the diagram for the switches and ACR for the dual battery system:

Top looking down winch on left, battery switch on right:

20171124_183215.jpg

Bottom looking up, ACR mounted underneath:

20171124_183228.jpg

Locked in < 10 mins!

20171125_153401.jpg

Also did gear oil in transfer case - broke my pump and derailed my day :(

Put in new struts from parts from PO for the front hood.

Removed seats and spare and put in storage.

Were they not working?

Wait was unlocked. So you added switch in prep for future mod?

OEM or Harrop ? Guess hou already said harrop. Wise choice

Yea just added the switch - :) Hoping to do Harrops and 4.88's someday . .soon.

Yea just added the switch - :) Hoping to do Harrops and 4.88's someday . .soon.

Forced induction is awesome and you will love it ;)

Forced induction is awesome and you will love it ;)

To be clear, the Harrops are the Elockers and not a super charger or turbo, etc :) I'm sure I will be quicker with the 4.88s if that is what you mean? :)

Jason's just trying to get some company for the "open the hood at every rest break" gang. :p

Not enough $$ or smarts to deal with that - love to look, though :)

Alright - weekend #1:

Oil Change, Transfer Case Oil Change, F/R Diff oil change, new struts under hood, fluid film some surface rust underneath, raised LSPV nut to max height.

Next up: Front axle knuckles

2nd LX450 purchased this AM - 1996 - White. Came with an ONSC sticker . .forgot to get pics with it with the previous owners!! :( We can do that later, 'cause they will be around LOL. @erymer

20171209_135848.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom