Lake lure must do’s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any recommendations for lake lure things to do? We will be headed up with the family in a couple weeks and want to enjoy it the best we can. TIA!

Absolutely hike up Chimney Rock. LOTS of stairs, but well worth it. It's not terrible, but not a cake walk either.

Absolutely hike up Chimney Rock. LOTS of stairs, but well worth it. It's not terrible, but not a cake walk either.

X2. Chimney Rock is gorgeous. They have an elevator for a lot of it, but last time I was up there it was out of service.

Chimney Rock and Beer...... there are some great little brew pubs there.

Dang. I was just near there this past weekend.

I took my daughter to Canopy Ridge Farm for zip lining when we were there this time of year a couple of years ago. She was 13 and had a blast. I made her a video using my GoPros of her antics. They supply them at a charge if you want.
We also went tubing with Lake Lure Adventure Company. She loved it, I got beat to sh!$ trying to hold on with her behind the boat.
103970287_3321586597873447_4826779151825660227_n.jpg

We’re going on Oct 6-10 and planning to go to Tryon Equestrian Center in Mill Springs for the Rodeo. My daughter is a horse lover and novice barrel racer. It is a little bit of a drive from Lake Lure though!

If you play golf, there are 2 nice golf courses there. The Bald Mountain course has a plaque on a particular hole which memorializes a scene in Dirty Dancin', which was filmed there, of course. Lake Lure is a beautiful place. Chimney Rock is geographically close but it takes a while to drive there because of the switchback road.

You’ll be in my neck of the woods. Building my home 15 minutes outside of Lake Lure. I really enjoy Apple Valley Golf Course if I had to pick one of the two. The equestrian center is really not far at all. It’s local for all of us. If your wife likes wine and vineyards, then you should try out Parker Binns and Over Mountain Vineyards. Both are very close to Lake lure and the equestrian center. There’s actually a third named Mountainbrook but I don’t prefer their wines. They are all so close that you could go to all of them in one afternoon with ease.

Last edited:
Don't care much for Lake Lure but the Broad River has a chunk of my heart

Was up in Blk Mtn earlier, the leaves are gonna be pretty this year.

Gents, thanks for the recommendations. It was a great trip! We did gem mining, chimney rock/waterfall adjacent to it, kayaked, swam, fished, and an atv tour with boon life. Highly recommend them btw. Great time to make memories. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom