What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used her to get me to the wilderness gate. So I could hike here.

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

its an off road hot pocket heater...

I've hated that since I've owned it but there were always more important things to attend to.
I'm working on adapting a 3f manifold at which point it will get a whole new system. When I'm finished you can the old piece.
I wasn't being rowdy! I mean't it! Compared to some of the "stuff" Iv'e seen here in Burque, that tip is conservative and subtle!
If indeed I end up with it in the future, I will have you and Lambcrusher over for hot pockets with green chile!

That much closer to turning the key again. Life got in the way for a bit.

View attachment 1543447

Funny tho after reading thru the desmog PDF this AM I'm realizing that guy @OSS is so right. Forget the air cleaner for now. Start her up, full choke, let her warm up for 15 mins while beginning the hustle to get the first step of retorquing the headbolts accomplished. So fricken much to think about... and here I thought everything prior was daunting!
Congrats on the progress. Just want to pass something on to you about re-torquing the head bolts. There are two camps out there. I rebuilt my entire engine myself and struggled with weather to re-torque or not. After much research and talking to people in the industry of engine building, I went with not re-torquing. If you follow proceedure during installation, there is no need to re-torque. I have put over 3000 miles,some hard, on mine since rebuild, and have not had any issues. Just wanted to share my situation in case you were on the fence about doing it.

Last edited:
Congrats on the progress. Just want to pass something on to you about re-torquing the head bolts. There are two camps out there. I rebuilt my entire engine myself and struggled with weather to re-torque or not. After much research and talking to people in the industry of engine building, I went with not re-torquing. If you follow proceedure during installation, ther is no need to re-torque. I have put over 3000 miles,some hard, on mine since rebuild, and have not had any issues. Just wanted to share my situation in case you were on the fence about doing it.
I already did the first from initial start and warm up.

Went to go pickup a sawmill over on the main land. My Jim pole worked awesome and effortlessly. The Mill had not ran in 8 years but with a quick float bowl drain an some fresh gas it fired up right away. Oh I cleaned the spark plug and air filter too. It came with a dozen new blades and a dozen of rusty ones that I will clean up and use. The Jim pole will come in handy for loading logs into my trailer. Time to do some drift wood salvaging. F-ing rights!

DSC04861.JPG

DSC04862.JPG

DSC04863.JPG

Unpackaged, assembled, and tested my new HF Tools 20-ton shop floor press:

Press-1.jpg

I'll press out the other eleven wheel studs later today and take the two rotors (from the '89 FJ62 donor axles) to the local NAPA on Monday (not open here on Saturday) to have them turned. Thickness on both is ~19.5mm, well within FSM specs. Meanwhile, the hubs will be wire brushed and soaked in Evapo-Rust. I'll be using the calipers from the '86 FJ60 project vehicle on the '89 FJ62 donor vehicle axles, along with a new OEM disc pad kit. The '86 only has 120,715 miles on the odometer.

Well, I got the twelve wheel studs pressed out and cleaned up one of the rotors before the rain started up again. I pressed out the inner wheel bearings from both hubs, which took the seals out also, and have one of the hubs soaking in Evapo-Rust. I used the 54mm wheel bearing nut spindle socket from the backside for pressing out the bearing and seal, worked great.

Last edited:
First drive with compound turbos. The center right gauge is boost and the center left is the pyro.

Messing around in the filed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom