What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced old 4Runner calipers with fresh Advance Auto rebuilds. Replaced the dead brake booster that I had swapped in last week. Bled system once again. Brakes now work. I have 3 dead non-OEM brake boosters lying around and 2 dead 60 series boosters. Checked 'em with a lab grade vacuum pump, Rocker 300.

installed a new h55f and shifter

20170930_085521_resized.jpg
20170930_085635_resized.jpg
20170930_150125_resized.jpg

so the snow DOES melt in finland...
Yup, for a few months. ;) We still had some snow in June.

Plans for this one?
Frame off restoration is the plan currently. I first thought about parting it out but maybe this one is still "too good" to wreck.
Yes, it has tons of rust but has only 421k on the clock and seats for 6, which is rare here in Finland due to higher taxes vs. 3 seater.

I will start a build thread once i start to take it apart.

R/R charcoal canister with the AC Delco unit as described on the forum (thanks forum peeps) in hopes of no longer having gas flow the wrong way out from my tank. My stock canister failed the tests per the emissions manual. Pics to come as I'm getting the canister mounts cleaned and powder coated for more horsepower.

Replaced my girly-man OEM rear sway bar links with some manly links from Trail Tailor (thanks Trail Tailor) - can now take corners at 75mph with little to no fear.

And also replaced my rear hatch strut with some aftermarket struts from Lift Support Depot...Much mo better lift.

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

Bought one more.

8hCIdkNbv__Ywmq1kP-QgD8bGlvyJ4LOiP_uBJ5Ik-l-XKK8RPW1aA5DYt4hIOMKTNixw5JKK0I0sRb3HtAdpm1gWRbRBCjagx931H-AC-VHbuUWUkKRnIZqzzihVMRE1vA5uCPAK7Yv4mIScg_GKLpy6srApIX8BPeYros-_uHHM30xP5ZeibDKV9l7euIgDL3DcQKV64tVDnieR0M7p-nYlBKjlYEHHP6I0PC5usO2GyOW9XTCBdP6SVm0RyUYI6piH19aPA0kZsvLvIr4LmDncBFbiY4zf12YzRRfW8Jozjn-cgsooTxxkSMVpa7Gl6J8-r1F7SLqpJn8vlh6IzxezI3pb0G72NfyKrYaKlmRtFhIDx93415F1sVuqagz9U3mNCgEFi0Xa0f4QChgPPKw23JxQ4Xy2d_r_4XikELQSkgTXES0feEzg2Uo3d2OIYBKgcbB5VzpObaDDj4For2jgDer7Mlg_j_ftS4nxo4mKkFF95yF9OApG5m8lxeZeiZzX-hQX5zutEyxCd0rD_fGxelAoIv_rGC4Ms9fswRTNaXGMdUaosjRRbBUcpgXrNzJ7cTOGIQJuxigwJeWpZ1H-qPuOqJ4f3xVmplA7Q=w1903-h1070-no

:confused:
Hei hojo, mista pain itta suomesta olet? sorry, i don't know how to do the required accents on the letters. i believe you can figure out what i asked. oh by the way, i like what you done with the green 60 so you know we're expecting the same with this one.

how does the old man emu with bilsteins ride? heavy or medium?

Compared to what I had before (full OME suspension) it's a night and difference. I went with the stock/light load springs, don't really carry around any sort of significant load on my 60

FINALLY A SOLUTION to the worn out 30 year old stock seats in my 89 FJ62 with some help from TorFab brackets and a tenderly used set of BMW E46 seats shipped from the East Coast. What a difference like driving a new truck. about 3-4 inches additional legroom to boot.

s2-l1600.jpg

s5-l1600.jpg

IMG_1787.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

how does the old man emu with bilsteins ride? heavy or medium?

I'll be in Huntsville sometime in the next few months. I'm running OME heavy with Bilsteins if you want to check out the setup.

Removed the harmonic balancer to inspect the damage from it's keyway getting destroyed on my way back from the Solid Axle Summit in Ouray, Co last month. I was already planning an engine swap, but this is accelerating that timeline a little more than I'd like....
FB_IMG_1506996092822.jpg
FB_IMG_1506937033152.jpg

Hopefully. I've been eyeing that new Cummins motor....
Hopefully that engine lives up to expectations. I'm skeptical of its performance if the 60 has all that armor weight on it.

Pulled the radiator, and water pump. Dropped the rad off at the shop, and cleaned everything up ready to reassemble. Ordered new OEM pump and gasket, and Napa belts. This all started with replacing the thermostat, then progressed to all new hoses. It's my typical "while I'm at it" syndrome... I'll know more about the condition of my radiator tomorrow.
I was prepared for a nightmare after reading about pulling the radiator being a 3 hour job. I had it and the water pump removed in under an hour and a half. I must have done something wrong. I even had to hunt for a couple of short sockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom