Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Recently joined both the world of Land Cruiser Ownership and ONSC. Bought this FJ40 around a month ago, so if you see it around Charlotte there you go. Looking forward to meeting some of you around town, trails etc. As of right now I'm working on yanking the A/C unit (It's an RV unit that's roof mounted in the rear and doesn't work), fixing an 8274 that came with it but doesn't operate and somehow doesn't allow the car to start (thinking stuck solenoid), repairing a leaking brake cylinder and likely putting a new radiator in. Once that's done the leaking oil pan gasket or potentially rear main will be next. Looking forward to the adventure.

FJ40.jpg

Welcome to the MUDness. In CLT you will find a terrific group of owners who are knowledgeable and will help if asked. I'm a little partial to the Triad and believe we have as good a group or maybe a little better. Come out to the local meeting and watch the forum for upcoming events. Welcome and looking forward to seeing another 40 around. BTW Great looking truck!

Welcome!

'91 FJ80. located in Brier Creek (area next to RDU airport) PO installed: new shocks, ironman 33s, and light bar. Since I took over; sealed off sunroof, alternator, plugs, new filler neck (ouch), lots and lots of molly in the birfs, taillight assembly, HID conversion, CD deck and speakers (duh) and now.... doing a EGR removal, valvetrain rebuild to fix a nasty rattle between 1800 to 3000rpm in 2,3 gear under load (usual uphill), and rear transfer case seal.

Also in need of an IMMEDIATE FUEL TANK REPLACEMENT, help needed in sourcing!! Can't haul the kid and wife with a tank leaking on the rig. Also posted this need in the wanted/selling forum. Can't wait to meet you all at the August meeting! Lifelong pursuit to own a 80 is finally a reality!!

IMG_20170407_171916.jpg

IMG_20170709_180655.jpg

IMG_20170401_223748.jpg

oh and lots of dark window tint!

'91 FJ80. located in Brier Creek (area next to RDU airport) PO installed: new shocks, ironman 33s, and light bar. Since I took over; sealed off sunroof, alternator, plugs, new filler neck (ouch), lots and lots of molly in the birfs, taillight assembly, HID conversion, CD deck and speakers (duh) and now.... doing a EGR removal, valvetrain rebuild to fix a nasty rattle between 1800 to 3000rpm in 2,3 gear under load (usual uphill), and rear transfer case seal.

Also in need of an IMMEDIATE FUEL TANK REPLACEMENT, help needed in sourcing!! Can't haul the kid and wife with a tank leaking on the rig. Also posted this need in the wanted/selling forum. Can't wait to meet you all at the August meeting! Lifelong pursuit to own a 80 is finally a reality!!

View attachment 1494992

View attachment 1494993

View attachment 1494994
Welcome aboard. @beno is who I call first for my parts.

View attachment 1494992

View attachment 1494993

View attachment 1494994

Bad ass!! Welcome to the fold.

Keep an eye out for our Triangle Monthly Meeting threads. Tons of people around you, I'm probably not more than 10 minutes away from you.

Good to meet you John. Think youve found a great place here with the club and look forward to the continued improvements. I would still want to verify that COR used a fuel rated hose when they sub'd that in instead of an actually filler neck. Would hate for it to gum up an all new fuel system.

What a great score at only 126k miles.

that does sound pretty nice

Very nice. I had the DT headers and their CatBack exhaust on my 100, it sounded sweet, just needed to add a resonator as you got that drone during highway driving. I’ll be adding it onto my ’04 LX, I need to fix that exhaust manifold leak anyways:doh:

I added the resonator - :<(

New member in DTR! Purchased my cruiser from another mud member 18 months ago already in fantastic condition and I've been busy working on it ever since. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

'96 FZJ80 - 199k

Factory lockers
OME 2.5" shocks/springs + slee spacers
ARB front bumper
Slee rear bumper + armor
Metaltech sliders
35x12.5r17 BFG KO2's on dark bronze SCS F5's
A haircut + Prinsu
National Luna kit with Dual 31M's
sPOD wired to factory defogger switches
Rigid lighting
Tom Woods rear ds
Safari snorkel

Photo Jul 28, 1 47 38 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 28, 1 47 27 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 28, 1 48 10 PM.jpg
Photo May 19, 7 43 42 PM.jpg

Hey everyone, I just joined ONSC about 5 minutes ago. My name is Charley Docherty and I live in south west Raleigh. I currently work for the City of Raleigh Parks department full time as well as go to school at night. This is my cruiser Bessie. She's a 97 LX450, 149k miles, stock everything other than snorkel, 7pin mod with cdl switch, cb radio, and mudflaps/sidesteps/spare removed for ground clearance. I also frequently remove the 2nd and 3rd row seats and set up my sleeping platform inside. She is currently out of commision due to phh but I have the work around kit just no tools to do the job right now. I am also a member of a very small overland group called Cape Fear Overland. You can see some more pics of my cruiser and our trips on instagram #capefearoverland and on our facebook page.

orca-image-1497986508689.jpg_1497986508818.jpeg

Hey everyone, I just joined ONSC about 5 minutes ago. My name is Charley Docherty and I live in south west Raleigh. I currently work for the City of Raleigh Parks department full time as well as go to school at night. This is my cruiser Bessie. She's a 97 LX450, 149k miles, stock everything other than snorkel, 7pin mod with cdl switch, cb radio, and mudflaps/sidesteps/spare removed for ground clearance. I also frequently remove the 2nd and 3rd row seats and set up my sleeping platform inside. She is currently out of commision due to phh but I have the work around kit just no tools to do the job right now. I am also a member of a very small overland group called Cape Fear Overland. You can see some more pics of my cruiser and our trips on instagram #capefearoverland and on our facebook page.

View attachment 1536097
Oh yeah almost forgot, 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers

Welcome

Welcome Charley.

Hey guys new to the group and I recently moved to Mebane from Colorado after getting out of the army. I work 2nd shift at GKN and go to the local community college full time working toward engineering. I've already got some help from you guys with my 83 FJ60 it's going through some finishing touches with the Desmog and getting it tuned and running right and soon a knuckle rebuild.

Hoping to come out and meet everyone at an event in the near future.

IMG_0884.JPG

Nice Cruiser !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom