Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone! Been meaning to post for a while - down in Charlotte here and picked up a 1998 100 series out of Charleston in October.

I’ve been busy since then:

October 2017
Replaced Hood Struts
Replaced Back Gate Struts
Replaced windshield wipers
New Deep Cycle Dual Battery
Weathertech Floor Liners
LED Lighting replacement for most interior and exterior bulbs

November 2017
Oil Change 300k miles / Tire Rotation
Replaced rear parking brake shoes / E-Brake tightened
Brake Fluid Exchange
replaced heater T’s and all front hoses / new coolant
inner and outer tie-rods both sides

December 2017
Oil Change 305k / Tire Rotation / all tires balanced
Replaced front Axels

January 2018
new ARB front locking diff / bearings etc and associated compressor via East Coast Gear Supply
slee 2nd battery mount

February 2018
fluid change: transfer case, rear diff
front brake pads, front wheel bearings, bearing races, rotors, and pads with new pad shims

March 2018
2.5 heavy OME from Slee
slee torsion bars
slee upper control arms
slee diff drop
ECHS replaced gear in front diff as it was making noise, bearings and gear in rear diff replaced
Alignment
Oil Change

April 2018
slee step siders
Oil Change / Tire Rotation

Next Steps?:
An enormous roof rack that’s good for extra stuff but also walkable for my kids enjoyment - prefer factory mount points

A really tough front bumper with good approach angles that I’m not afraid to scratch up / easy to touch up with spray paint

After front bumper, see how large a tire I can fit under her without rubbing to bad

Maybe a front seat material replacement at some point - although its really not that bad right now. Maybe some leather conditioner in the meantime.

Windows wont go up and down from drivers side control - need to troubleshoot that more

Maybe a purchase of or trade for a really nice 80? - I may have the bug after driving @fj40z white 80 at the Relic Run haha

9939C349-057F-465C-9B59-4857850F8F8E.jpeg

6D686617-B8F4-471D-B3A9-8A04EB015D69.jpeg

26F152B4-3749-4A29-AB48-E83C88081FCD.jpeg

Hey everyone! Been meaning to post for a while - down in Charlotte here and picked up a 1998 100 series out of Charleston in October.

I’ve been busy since then:

October 2017
Replaced Hood Struts
Replaced Back Gate Struts
Replaced windshield wipers
New Deep Cycle Dual Battery
Weathertech Floor Liners
LED Lighting replacement for most interior and exterior bulbs

November 2017
Oil Change 300k miles / Tire Rotation
Replaced rear parking brake shoes / E-Brake tightened
Brake Fluid Exchange
replaced heater T’s and all front hoses / new coolant
inner and outer tie-rods both sides

December 2017
Oil Change 305k / Tire Rotation / all tires balanced
Replaced front Axels

January 2018
new ARB front locking diff / bearings etc and associated compressor via East Coast Gear Supply
slee 2nd battery mount

February 2018
fluid change: transfer case, rear diff
front brake pads, front wheel bearings, bearing races, rotors, and pads with new pad shims

March 2018
2.5 heavy OME from Slee
slee torsion bars
slee upper control arms
slee diff drop
ECHS replaced gear in front diff as it was making noise, bearings and gear in rear diff replaced
Alignment
Oil Change

April 2018
slee step siders
Oil Change / Tire Rotation

Next Steps?:
An enormous roof rack that’s good for extra stuff but also walkable for my kids enjoyment - prefer factory mount points

A really tough front bumper with good approach angles that I’m not afraid to scratch up / easy to touch up with spray paint

After front bumper, see how large a tire I can fit under her without rubbing to bad

Maybe a front seat material replacement at some point - although its really not that bad right now. Maybe some leather conditioner in the meantime.

Windows wont go up and down from drivers side control - need to troubleshoot that more

Maybe a purchase of or trade for a really nice 80? - I may have the bug after driving @fj40z white 80 at the Relic Run haha

View attachment 1692816

View attachment 1692817

View attachment 1692819
oh ya - slee rear bumper in October too

@FrackMacker are you the one who picked up the envriocool from me? Also the one who unfortunately lives a stones throw from @JohnVee

Hey guys. Quxik question. My air intake hose from the breather to the throttle body snapped in half from dry rotted when I changed my air filter. Of course the old girl wouldn't stay running due to too much air. I duct taped the hose back together and now she's running fine. My question is this. Will the 95-97 air intake hose from a FZJ80 work with my 93 FZJ80? They're both 4.5 L gas burners.

The 93-94 utilizes a speed density type sensor and the 95-97 utilizes a mass air flow sensor between the air canister and the throttle body. Due to the difference in these measurment units the connecting air tube is different. It is a good idea to loosen the clamp at the throttle body and disconnect the tube at the same time you take off the lid to the air filter canister. You shouldn't lift up on the lid.

The part you need is 17881-66060 quick search shows it going for about $110.00 or less.

Of course you could go to the corner parts box store and get a length of 3" intake tube in the color of you liking and make your own.

Last edited:
This is my recently purchased (and first ever) 87 60. It's an amazing ride that I plan to clean up mechanically and keep mostly original inside with a few modernizing nice-to-haves. Wide open to suggestions and ideas, as well as recommendations for places to look for things like seats, interior matching, etc. Been my daily driver for a month and couldn't be happier.
fullsizeoutput_138a.jpeg

How do I delete a post? I see the little lines beside the date and time of posting g, bit all that does is allow me to edit, but not delete. All help is appreciated.

How do I delete a post? I see the little lines beside the date and time of posting g, bit all that does is allow me to edit, but not delete. All help is appreciated.
You might have to be a Silver Star member of MUD to delete a post. I see DELETE right next to the EDIT button.

This is my recently purchased (and first ever) 87 60. It's an amazing ride that I plan to clean up mechanically and keep mostly original inside with a few modernizing nice-to-haves. Wide open to suggestions and ideas, as well as recommendations for places to look for things like seats, interior matching, etc. Been my daily driver for a month and couldn't be happier. View attachment 1716643

we need more pics

where did you find it?

A few shots of my fairly recently purchased HZJ77.

54816444-40D7-4455-9044-A638633118DD.jpeg

FFDDE19A-05D0-47CF-A4E5-4737205235F0.jpeg

A60F8DF0-44FB-4BD0-A3AA-A2306AD6845B.jpeg

The truck has needed pretty much nothing but for me to drive it as it was pretty well built already

1HZ with a custom turbo and air to water intercooler, automatic trans, factory PTO winch in ARB bumper, Odd Iron Off Road roof rack, rear bumper, and skids. Terrain Tamer suspension, 33” Toyo MTs

I have added the obligatory ONSC decals and a SC plate ..... oh and about 4000 Kms to the odometer so far.
185251F1-3253-4728-9FF9-8470F8E5802A.jpeg

Oh, and I removed the electric locking hubs and installed AVM manual hubs until I tear down the front axle to install new spindles and hubs to allow me to put on Aisin hubs w/o using a spacer.

Nice upgrades, there, Sam. :)

QUOTE="elkaholic, post: 11751031, member: 68783"]A few shots of my fairly recently purchased HZJ77.

View attachment 1733249

View attachment 1733248

View attachment 1733250

The truck has needed pretty much nothing but for me to drive it as it was pretty well built already

1HZ with a custom turbo and air to water intercooler, automatic trans, factory PTO winch in ARB bumper, Odd Iron Off Road roof rack, rear bumper, and skids. Terrain Tamer suspension, 33” Toyo MTs

I have added the obligatory ONSC decals and a SC plate ..... oh and about 4000 Kms to the odometer so far.
View attachment 1733255

Oh, and I removed the electric locking hubs and installed AVM manual hubs until I tear down the front axle to install new spindles and hubs to allow me to put on Aisin hubs w/o using a spacer.[/QUOTE]

A few shots of my fairly recently purchased HZJ77.

View attachment 1733249

View attachment 1733248

View attachment 1733250

View attachment 1733255

Oh, and I removed the electric locking hubs and installed AVM manual hubs until I tear down the front axle to install new spindles and hubs to allow me to put on Aisin hubs w/o using a spacer.
Clean that floormat. :)

really nice Sam.....really REALLY nice......

This is my 2007 FJ Cruiser. Currently around 112k miles. For my build information so far, you’re welcome to see the info at this link, Auto ModList Vehicle Build Page

I really look forward to meeting more of you in the coming months once things warm up a bit and we crawl out of our caves. Although, I’m doing a solo trip to explore the Linville Gorge Wilderness area the weekend after Christmas. I can’t wait. I’ve heard great things about Old Hwy 105 and other back roads in the area. Looking forward to seeing things for myself. Once I’m back, I’ll post pictures of my trip.

FEDBF416-AB65-47C1-80D5-C8D17689870F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom