Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys new to the group and I recently moved to Mebane from Colorado after getting out of the army. I work 2nd shift at GKN and go to the local community college full time working toward engineering. I've already got some help from you guys with my 83 FJ60 it's going through some finishing touches with the Desmog and getting it tuned and running right and soon a knuckle rebuild.

Hoping to come out and meet everyone at an event in the near future.

View attachment 1540821
Love the color.

Love the color.

Thanks, I love the color too but I can't say it's a good job. Just wanted to fight off the rust so I got 20$ worth of rattle cans honestly I'm just happy it's one color for the most part now.

Hey guys new to the group and I recently moved to Mebane from Colorado after getting out of the army. I work 2nd shift at GKN and go to the local community college full time working toward engineering. I've already got some help from you guys with my 83 FJ60 it's going through some finishing touches with the Desmog and getting it tuned and running right and soon a knuckle rebuild.

View attachment 1540821

Great to have you aboard. I remember your pops posting about your arrival a while back. GKN..... is that the axle mfg?

Nice Cruiser !!

Thanks man I love driving this thing I really missed having a cruiser and this thing already pulls harder than both of other cruisers I had so I can't wait to see how it runs after it's all tuned up.

Great to have you aboard. I remember your pops posting about your arrival a while back. GKN..... is that the axle mfg?

Thanks it's good to have found a group, and yeah GKN drive line axle shafts, tulips, fixed outer, inners, all kinds of stuff I work in shafts not so bad.

View attachment 1540821
I think I've seen this Cruiser off hwy 55 between Holly Springs and Fuquay.

I think I've seen this Cruiser off hwy 55 between Holly Springs and Fuquay.

Nope not me, I haven't been able to venture farther than about 10 miles outside of Mebane. Must be some other badass cruiser! Lol

New member checking in! Picked up a 97 LX450 to tinker on. It's got a lot of work to get it sorted out as I did buy it with some body damage. It runs solid so far though. I'm a Jeep guy (20yrs with my 97 TJ) so don't flame me too bad but I've always loved the Landcruiser. We've had a GX470 for the past 5 years as well. Looking forward to a fun build up of the LX450 and meeting some great people along the way!

IMG_20171227_165536214_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171227_165615157.jpg

Glad to see you made it over here.
Congrats and welcome. A 4x4 labs bumper will fix most of that right up ;)

FAT provided me with a great quote on an ARB for the front - you can PM me if you want to know the price - they asked I not provide to public.

Glad to see you made it over here.
Congrats and welcome. A 4x4 labs bumper will fix most of that right up ;)

true dat, won't have to replace the busted part

Greetings ONSC! I am a new owner, long time fan. My "new to me" ride is a '96 LX450 and I can't wait to get her in tip top shape. I have already been browsing the forums and have found it filled with good info. I will look to join officially but wanted to introduce my Cruiser into the group. Cheers!

IMG-2551.JPG

Nice LX., welcome

Welcome

Well, on Friday I'm headed to the local salvage yard to pull some interior parts off a 93 FZJ80 that they have in stock.

I've already replaced the stereo and speakers with a Kenwood Bluetooth 6.5" Touchscreen DVD/CD and four 6.5" Kicker door speakers. Interior LED strips to add ambiance along with replacing all exterior lighting (including headlights) with LED's. Hooking up the amp and a pair of boxed in 10's this week or next. Ordered from Norwalk Toyota a new Neutral Safety Switch, seat belt latches for the rear, and windshiled wiper parts to get my right side wiper arm back on. I also have a new aluminum radiator to install as well.

I bought Bandito (my 1993 Toyota FZJ80) in January. I've been working on it and fixing some things up. I'm looking for bolstered leather front seats to replace my leather seats that are torn beyond repair. I'm hoping to find some VW GTI, Jetta, or Touareg bolstered leather seats in a wrecked car. I can fabricate some new mounting hardware so they will fit. The middle seats are in great shape and just need a good cleaning. The foldaway jump seats in the back are also in amazing shape. They just need to be cleaned with leather cleaner and then treated with Lanolin. I've sanded some spots on the body where the paint had chipped and then primed them. There are a couple of dents on the body (very few for a 25 year old UTE) and I plan on taking some Bondo to them this weekend, sanding them to make them flush with the body, then prime them. Hopefully by the end of the summer a new Forest Green Metal Flake DuPont paint job can be applied. Five coats of heavy primer, 12-15 coats of paint, and another 10 or so of clear coat to complete the job. I'd also like to take out the carpet and rhino line the interior and then add Dynamat over all the interior metal work. Then replace the padding with heavy padding and put the carpeting back in.

Hopefully on Friday when I look for the seats I can grab some replacement door panels. I'm gonna try and take as much off of the salvaged 93 FZJ80 that I can use for replacement parts on the interior.

When I bought Bandito she already had an ARB front bumper with a 12,000 pound winch attached. The previous owner had also put a safari rack on top of the roof. I moved the full size spare to the safari rack so I could have more ground clearance. Eventually I'm going to go under her and weld some skid plates to protect things. I'd like to replace the rear bumper with an ARB bumper with the Jerry Can holder and swing away spare tire mount. That's about $1,200 so not in the immediate budget. I'm also looking to add some sliders to the sides. Maybe fom SLEE. I'm also waiting to put the ARB Snorkel on there for when I get into the deep water on my trail rides. It's also a good idea for moments like when Hurricane Matthew came through in October 2016 and flooded everything. At the height of the storm I took my daughter's boyfriend home (he had a Pontiac Grand Prix and couldn't make it out of our yard) and I had water coming over the hood of my Tundra 4X4 and seriously though I was going to get water in my intake and then seize the engine. This wasn't a small truck. It had a 3" lift on it to begin with and I had water coming over the hood and completely obscuring my headlights.

The motor has 316,000 miles on it and doesn't make a bit of noise. It runs like it is just off the showroom floor. The only thing that has been done beside replacing sensors that have gone bad, tune-ups, oil and filter changes, is the valve cover gasket and both main seals were replaced. The transmission was replaced about a year ago and runs really well. It has full lockers front and rear from the inside. I want to replace the electrical actuator for the differential lock with an ARB air actuated locker. Much more reliable. I'd also like to eventually replace the stock 31X12.50 on 16's (really nice red letter General Grabber AT Tires on there now and on the spare) with a set of NITTO Trail Grabbers in size 33X12.50 16's. That is going to require a 2.5" lift which I plan on doing with an OME (Old Man Emu) lift.

Last edited:
welcome LCTarheel. you should come to the meet and greet and bring that weirdo neighbor Dwayne with you......welcome to the club, glad you found us....

I have been giving him lessons for years. nice rig, does it have the lockers?

I have been giving him lessons for years. nice rig, does it have the lockers?
Sadly no lockers.

But there is plenty to love about this rig and tons of work to do in the meantime. Likely replacing the LSPV this weekend and then spend my time on the ignition and fuel system. Parts are all in, just need the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom