Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the last 3 knobs this afternoon. I am very pleased with results of the dash refurbishment.

IMG_1509.JPG

Tom DD has a tach module that works with the stock sensor. It was an extra $50.00. The water temp and oil pressure sensors and needed wiring come with the unit.

Tom DD has a tach module that works with the stock sensor. It was an extra $50.00. The water temp and oil pressure sensors and needed wiring come with the unit.

Might have to get one then when I get to that stage with my truck. I have a 12ht factory tach gauge but don't really want to have to cut my dash any more and the DD cluster looks a lot better.

where does the 12HT tach sensor sit? i have an aftermarket tach coming thats alternator driven...

The stock tach sensor is screwed into the side of the bellhousing @Vossie

ok cool. will have a look but i dont think there was anything attached to my bellhousing

It will look like a very large bolt going in on the left side of the bell housing.

Last edited:
Thanks @cult45 ! I hope to have the AC unit mounted under the dash this weekend.

Now we're talking!

I made a little more progress this weekend. I was able to mount the AC under the dash (mostly). After completing the heater plumbing and duct work. The AC unit still needs wiring and plumbing work. I also installed the accelerator cable and pedal as well as the throttle cable.

IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1518.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG

I picked up my radiator after having the lower outlet modified this week. It looks like I won't be able to run a fan shroud. I could build one that would fit but it would be impossible to install.

IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG
IMG_1524.JPG
IMG_1525.JPG

Started working on the cable locker cables installed.

IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG

I have been waiting more than a minute to install these two knobs.

IMG_1536.JPG

Looking very good. I keep hoping work will bring me back to Huntsville for a few days so I can bribb you with a meal and see this awesome build in person and get tips. The way temps are lately that ac will greatly increase your comfort and enjoyment. Top notch work. Makes me try to step up my quality level in what I want to accomplish.
I think I saw in romas thread he's working on a cable locker as well. Those are an awesome option neat to see materialize.

Thanks man! You should try to make one of our club meetings and then stop by to see the truck. We meet on the second Saturday of every month.

Holy smoke! The beast sure is coming along. I loved my 12ht. It was like the Toyota engineers had made a mistake and accidentally put a truck motor in a car. Perhaps I'll get to come to one of your club meetings at some point. Cheers, Ben

Thanks Ben! I'm really ready to have it back on the road enjoying that 12HT power. You are welcome to our meeting anytime! !

Cheers mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom