66 Fj45 body mount placement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the group. I’ve just started a 45 build after accumulating some parts. The frame does not have any mounts to work off of. I bought a daystar body mount kit and wanted to see if anyone has a diagram of what goes where. I’m scratching my head. Thanks!

Which 45?

Does Daystar offer a body mount kit for the FJ45? I didn't see one listed.

This is the most unique mount on the cab of the early FJ45LP-B.
IMG_20200204_120743325.jpg
IMG_20200204_120757550.jpg

These are no longer available.

I think I used a mix of 55 and 40 mounts to get a 45 kit but I believe sor sells a 45 kit now

It’s been over 30 since I did my ground up, but I also remember using a mix of 40 and 55 cushions to do the job.

I think I used a mix of 55 and 40 mounts to get a 45 kit but I believe sor sells a 45 kit now
That’s where I got this one. I just don’t have much to work off of, since there weren’t any on the chassis when I got it. Any of you have an early 45 LWB that you could snap a few pics of the locations? I just don’t know what goes where. Thanks

Again, it’s been over 30 years, but as I recall, the tall round ones went under the back of the cab, and the thick square ones went under the forward frame extensions that the running board stays attach to.

For the bed, rest it lightly on the frame, use some wood shims to even the spacing out, and you can tell from the gaps where the bed cushions need to go.

I'm away from my vehicles. But, the tall 40 puck by running boards, then a circular one between back cab mount. I can snap pics this weekend with measurements. Front 40 mounts under bib, running boards, and front of cowl, 55 style back of cab sandwiched down with sleeve inside.

I'm away from my vehicles. But, the tall 40 puck by running boards, then a circular one between back cab mount. I can snap pics this weekend with measurements. Front 40 mounts under bib, running boards, and front of cowl, 55 style back of cab sandwiched down with sleeve inside.
All of the round ones (several different sizes and shapes) are two piece. Got to match them all up. There are three sizes of washers and a few sleeves for bolts. No hardware.

Dont fall for tojo4wdcentre's advertisements. I ordered and paid for a bunch of stuff likely 6 months ago. Have not heard from him since I last asked what is going on and then forgot about the order until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom