Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jbzee thanks for the compliments! Just trying my best not to muck it all up.

I swapped one motor mount to get clearance on the Saginaw steering shaft. It is very close to the left motor mount.

My seat belts were finally finished this week. I had the upholstery shop remove my original tags and sew them onto the new webbing.

IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1561.JPG
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG
Next I completed the installation of the cables for the axles and the seat base. When I purchased the axles and cables there were no clips to lock the cables into there mounts. Those clips are NLA. So I found an acceptable substitute with the help of my favorite parts guy at my local Toyota dealership. They worked out rather well.

Fantastic

Your attention to detail is inspiring... Do you plan on removing to roof to do headliner??It's a lot easier

My headliner guy actually said he prefers it installed. I tried to warn him!!?

I slipped out to the garage for a few more minutes this afternoon and installed the heater valve. I decided to use the FJ valve instead of the HJ valve for a couple of reasons. I had both on the bench but after test fitting them it was apparent that:

A. I had room for the FJ valve.

B. The FJ Warm Pull cable was significantly different from the HJ cable.

So with those differences in mind and I wasn't keen on drilling more holes into the firewall I decided to use the FJ valve.

I'm pleased with the results. After that I could proceed with a bit more assembly work.

IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG

Driver's seat in! I'm McLovin it!

Yeah it shouldn't be long now. Hook up the PS, install the fuel cell, add fuel, brake fluid and antifreeze and it will be time for the first flight.

looking good man.

question, that seat belt behind the fuel breather pipe not going to be a problem? if some ones sitting there, wont it pull tight against the pipe?

Thanks @Vossie ! I thought about that when I installed it. But as best I can remember I think that was how it was originally. I may have to revisit that later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom