2000 UZJ100 Minamalist build thread. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not much to update here. I got on the list for a BIOR diff drop to be completed sometime in the next few weeks. Also, I'm thinking of grabbing an eBay knock off for the rig. Looking at this unit 1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Black Air Intake Snorkel System Kit

After the diff drop and snorkel I'll be saving up for sliders. Once those are done that will probable be all I do this year. Kind of boring and slow paced but the job market is tough and I've got some wee ones that take priority.

I've also seen some posts about an overland route here in Texas hill country that can be done in two days. No crawling or anything but some pretty scenery. Im trying to coordinate that with a couple buddies and hit some dirt in the next few weeks.

The 100 looks awesome man. What area would the trails be around San Antonio? I am in the area. Thank you for your service brother.

Sometimes I'm impulsive. Sue me.
image.png

Thank you.

Snorkel came in, really fast shipping, and looks like very high quality. It even has the "land cruiser" wording on the side. Tube is stamped lldpe, hopefully it holds up!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well, snorkel is here, sitting in the box.
Switch is here to fix the CDL indicator, sitting in the box.
Now my BIOR diff drop is here, sitting in the box. Anyone notice a common theme here?

I'm curious to see more details about that intake.... Quality of the plastic and all.

We have identical LCs, color and all. I am renovating a house, so I've held off on pouring more money in for the time being.

I keep an anal retentive spreadsheet with info and prices on it. Shoot me an email. I'll gladly share.

Had a few minutes while the kids were napping. Got the CDL switch replaced and now my indicator lights work. Took a total of 28 minutes.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well, a little update here. After months of searching I finally landed a real job. I will be starting in about a week and a half. I took the week between jobs off to hang out with my family and tackle a couple projects I have sitting in the garage. Diff drop and snorkel should go on next week.

I took a couple pics today before work. Texas sure is beautiful in the spring when everything is so green.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender(1).jpg

I need a new switch. Where did you purchase it from?

Same one I was just looking at. Gonna pull my front and rear switches as they got tore up by sand blasting.

Well, the year is nearing an end but I have no real news to report. Snorkel is still not on. I have decided that it was to wait for sliders. A truck with a snorkel and no sliders is too much of a poser rig for me.

I have sent my list to santa and hope to be receiving some rigid dually floods in my stocking. I intend on mounting them in the stock bumper.

I was able to hit the trails with the local toyota group last month and explore big bend ranch state park. We had a great time out there. Prefect weather, great food and company. I managed some carnage on the "road to nowhere" and tore a nasty hole in the sidewall. Lucky for me, I have an ARB repair kit and @nmatcek taught me how to use it so I could get home. The plug actually lasted almost a month before I replaced the toyo AT with a new one.

In other news, I just hit 290,000 yesterday. Thus far maintenance items from me have included alternator, fan clutch, CDL indicator and... an oil change. Other than that I drive about 1,000 miles a month and still love the crap out of this thing. I thought that this would be a short term rig until I could swing a 200 in a few years but I think I will just drive this thing until the wheels fall off. at 290k I think I still have a lot of life left in the rig. I will probably do plugs and wires in the near future, I have noticed a rough idle as of late.

Pics of big bend to follow.

I''ll bet you wouldn't get that close a rattle snake:)

Btw, I just put on(last weekend) the exact same snorkel, I live in DFW. If you want help, shoot me a pm, i'll end up giving you the mechanics name. I know it sucked so you're not alone.

Worst case, I'll take photos and send them to you and you can see..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom