2000 UZJ100 Minamalist build thread. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used to have a hundy just like that one! Congrats and I really can't wait to see this build!

Sent from my SM-G900V

It's here. It's finally here. What an incredible machine. It's so easy to see why land cruisers have such a cult following. I absolutely loved my 80, but this this is light years ahead as far as comfort and power are concerned. I have no dirt time yet, but I know it will take me where I want to go.
View attachment 1189558

Did you post this on Facebook to the TLCA group? It looks mighty familiar...

Got a couple more things done today. I installed a full pfran interior LED w/ cree reverse lights. I ran this same kit on my 80, and loved it. The interior lights aren't a "must" but the reverse lights are just awesome. The kit came with the optional red map lights. I put one on the driver side, but the jury is still out. I think I'll put a regular color bulb in there.

While doing the install I managed to short the fuse for the dome lights. That meant I got to learn where the fuse box is on this baby. I didn't have any spares so I pulled the fuse for the rear heater until I can get to the auto store tomorrow.
image.jpeg

I also threw on my labrak antenna mount. Great little piece of gear. The next challenge is going to be to decide how to run the coaxle and where to mount my CB. I have a uniden 520xl that need to find a home. In doing some google searches I came across a mud post that I really liked. I'll include that pic as well.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Again, This is not my picture but I think this is how I want to mount my CB. Any thoughts/suggestions/comments welcome.
image.png

Ehhhhh, honestly I don't like it in that space. I imagine that he cut the top portion of the center console out which mostly makes it useless since when you open the lower portion your stuff is not contained in the top part of the center console.

I mounted mine on the side of the center console on the passenger side and mounted the mic on the blank panel right under the radio

do the reverse LED that pfran sell really make that big of a difference? I bought some reverse LEDs off ebay but they don't seem any brighter than stock. just a more white/blueish light
They made a HUGE difference for me. They're kind of like a little projector with a single LED behind it, and they really do shine. I think an aux light that points down at the ground more would still be a good addition, but these definitely help with night time back ups.

do the reverse LED that pfran sell really make that big of a difference? I bought some reverse LEDs off ebay but they don't seem any brighter than stock. just a more white/blueish light[/QUOTE

Congrats! I'm glad you got it home safe...

As for the CB, I wouldn't mount it there. But then again, I use my console way too much for that. I have my 2m and CB mounted on either side of the trans tunnel. It is out of the way and convenient to use.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Oh, speaking of center consoles, you need one of these way more than you know: Accessory Panel Unit-100 Series early

do the reverse LED that pfran sell really make that big of a difference? I bought some reverse LEDs off ebay but they don't seem any brighter than stock. just a more white/blueish light

Here are some pics I took to try and capture the brightness and light throw. It's much more impressive in person.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Congrats! I'm glad you got it home safe...

As for the CB, I wouldn't mount it there. But then again, I use my console way too much for that. I have my 2m and CB mounted on either side of the trans tunnel. It is out of the way and convenient to use.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Oh, speaking of center consoles, you need one of these way more than you know: Accessory Panel Unit-100 Series early

I agree I'd be bummed to cut the console, I just really liked how out of the way it was. Very clean install. I'm not sold on anything yet, I'll have to keep looking for the perfect solution.

Also, thanks for the $65 "can't live without". I'll have to pick one of those up when a few big ticket items are done.

In other news. I got about 10 minutes of "Offroad" time. Got a wee bit of flex, also got the ATRAC to engage a bit. Still need to find somewhere to familiarize myself with the system a bit more, but I was impressed with how it worked when I needed it.

I also got my first boo boo, so I guess it's officially mine.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

On a side note, my middle row dome light seems to be a bit skeewompus. With the switch in off, no light, on position gives constant light, door position gives constant light. Any idea how I can get the lights to go off when the doors are closed?

CDL indicator doesn't work. What's involved in rectifying this issue?

So I'm looking for some solid info. I can't seem to fight an exact answer on the diff drop kit. When do I know if I need one?

I've got OME T bars up front (unknown lift height to me) and 315 75 R16 Toyo's. I assume that this is putting my axles at too steep of an angle? I just want to make sure I need a diff drop before I spend the money on it.

That being said if someone has one in their garage gathering dust, I'm interested. Also looking for an ARB snorkel.

I would say that if you are running Old Man Emu torsion bars, and they are cranked enough to fit 35" (34.6") tires, then you more than likely need a diff drop kit. I purchased mine from Slee.

I would say that if you are running Old Man Emu torsion bars, and they are cranked enough to fit 35" (34.6") tires, then you more than likely need a diff drop kit. I purchased mine from Slee.

My thoughts as well. Going to order as soon as funds are available. Probably go BIOR.

On a side note, my middle row dome light seems to be a bit skeewompus. With the switch in off, no light, on position gives constant light, door position gives constant light. Any idea how I can get the lights to go off when the doors are closed?

Sounds like one of the plunger switches in the door aren't working. IIRC, the plunger pushed in completes the ground circuit and they unbolt with a 10mm bolt. If you pull the bolt, it will break the ground. I would put the light in the "door" position and pull each plunger with the other door shut. When the light goes out, you know which plunger is bad.

Sounds like one of the plunger switches in the door aren't working. IIRC, the plunger pushed in completes the ground circuit and they unbolt with a 10mm bolt. If you pull the bolt, it will break the ground. I would put the light in the "door" position and pull each plunger with the other door shut. When the light goes out, you know which plunger is bad.

Thanks man, good info! I'll try that out in the next couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom