FJ55 | FJ56

Classifieds : Toyota 55-series / 56-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

1969 Toyota 4X4 FJ55 LAND CRUISER PORTAL AXLED ROCK CRAWLER - PRICE DROP! Have you ever wanted to move up to an extreme rock crawling rig complete with 4 wheel steering and portal axles? Well, this is your chance to buy a complete extreme rock crawler for less than the cost of the parts that went into building it!! This is a custom built 1969 Toyota FJ55 Land Cruiser 4x4 with a balanced and blueprinted Chevy 350 engine and a built TH350 transmission. The truck has dual transfer cases using a stock FJ60 case mated to the gear reduction of a NP203 case. The heavily trussed axles are identical rear axles from a FJ60 with 4 Hummer Portal Steering boxes at the ends. Final crawl ratio is 270:1. These were professionally trussed and built...
I am looking to sell my FJ55 for $21,000. It is in exceptional condition. 99% original with only 44,000 original miles. I am the 2nd owner and have had it since about 1990. It has been garaged its entire life as you can see from its paint. It has very minimal rust behind the front wheel wells. It has the original engine and runs great as you would expect from an engine with only 44,000 miles. It is located in New Mexico. The only work I have ever had to do to it was battery and tires. I did change out the radio. I had someone who does restorations on Land Cruisers tell me that it is the best original he has ever seem. I have a lot of other pictures.
Well it is official. I am putting my 2+ year project up for sale.... I love this 55, but I would like to see it go to a home that will be able to use it. First some history: I started looking for a 55 about 5 years ago; in 2004 I found a nice early model that was virtually rust free. The only rust was in the front fenders. I bought it completely stock and drove it with the "F" engine for 6 months. Then the bug hit me, I wanted to make it a little more capable. So I started researching, I spent hours on Mud and Pirate and formulated my plan. I loved the V8 in my 100 series, so it was a must. The transmission was chosen, because it was the latest model year that would work with the stand alone TCU. I picked the fulltime...
Restored 1973 FJ55 - Back on the market SOLD Now located in Houston, TX. Here are the details: 1973 FJ55 original to Georgia (bought at Marietta Toyota) I am the 4th owner, the 3rd had the truck for over 25 years I've had it since 2007 It has it's original engine and it's strong and runs well Carb has been replaced with a Trollhole carb (there was a weber on it) Replaced electric fuel pump with mechanical New break booster (from mini truck) Floors have been replaced Rockers are IPOR (although not intended for sliders) Roof is solid, no rust New SOR headliner All new rubber...right down to the fixed rear windows and the wing vent windows. All the tailgate rubber is new. New mud terrains (33") on new factory toyota...
1971 FJ55 Fully restored Toyota Land Cruiser "Wilbur - Fabled Barn Cruiser" SOLD This is probably one of the most famous and well known FJ55 within the land cruiser enthusiast community. It was featured in the July/August 2003 "Toyota Trails" magazine published by TLCA.org (Toyota Land Cruiser Association). Home of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association The Fabled "Barn Cruiser" It was shortly owned by a well known Land Cruiser enthusiast, Nolen G., who really brought it back to life. I have scanned the article below that he wrote for TLCA. He bought it when it had ~14k miles. It has seldom been driven and now has ~18k miles. It was upgraded from the stock 3-spd to a SM420 4-spd. It has an ARB compressor and ARB rear locker. The fronts...
1970 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55 Wagon. I have owned it for about 4 years now. It has 57,000 original miles. I have the records and stories to prove it. I bought this from the grandson of the original owner. The wagon is very solid with only one minor rust issue. The drivers floor is devoloping some rust, but is still solid. It was rolled and has a fair amount of dings and dents, but still looks pretty good. Mechanically it is in pretty good shape. It has a few small problems but it is 43 years old. It is all stock except for the lift and a few other things. Original F motor with 3 speed column shifted transmission. I have replaced the front drums with disc, rebuilt the carburetor, installed a petronix ignition, new optima battery and...
[Updated September 9] I've got a great running '74 FJ55 with a monster Chevrolet V8 in it in. This is a better then average New England truck but it has it's share of patches, dents, fixes, rust and bondo. The front fenders are newish Specter Offroad pieces. We've spray painted over the PO's camo job in a nice navy blue with a white roof. It's a decent 20-footer but not a show-truck. The engine is fantastic, a custom built small block Chevy V8 with very few miles on it. Optima Red Top battery, Edelbrock Performer carb with electric choke, starts easily and runs smoothly. Just put on new plugs and wires and corrected some vacuum leaks. It runs perfectly. Stock Land Cruiser 4 speed manual transmission, transfer case and manual...
Fellow knights, With a heavy heart and after much deliberation I have decided to pass my noble steed to a more worthy rider. Some of you know that I purchased my '76 FJ55 almost two years ago from Casey Campbell, who had purchased it not too long before that from Todd Kaderabek. In the 20 months or so that I've owned the truck, I've taken her wheeling about 5 times. Wheeling just isn't a big part of my life any more. I own three other Land Cruisers, which fulfill the daily driver, expedition/camping/fishing, and grunt firewood hauler roles, so the Pig sits in waiting as the dedicated "just for fun" trail rig. I love the truck but I'm not doing it justice and out of respect for the beast I think I should pass it on. It doesn't...
First off, I'm posting this for my neighbour so please, do not contact me about this. Ok. 1969 FJ-55. This is my neighbour's. He's an older guy that has 7 vintage cruisers and he's thinning the herd a bit. The odometer reads 20,000 miles but it doesn't work. He's owned it for the last few years, bought it from the original owner (an even older, old man) and said he's only put about 500 miles on it, if that. He bought it, had it painted, put a new engine in, new suspension, new interior, then parked it. Details: 2F with a 3 speed Stock axles, drum brakes, etc New exhaust New wiring 33" tires that look to be almost brand new New interior New suspension from Spector (springs, shocks, shackles, etc) The rack, front...
1972 Fj55 in original paint with 86000 original miles. I have done the following since I bought it: Titled in my name Sandblasted and painted wheels Installed some good tires Fires right up and yard drives Repaired drivers door hinge Rust repaired fenders Repaired rear window to fully operate Cleaned up wiring terminals and made sure everything works Found original wiper arms and blades Needs exhaust and brakes gone through. I intended on keeping it as a original paint survivor and bought a parts Fj55 And used original metal for rust repair, when I could. Lots more cool details like original jack and jack hanidles, engine hand crank and has original headlights Thanks
Hate to let her go, but she deserves a home that can give him the same level of TLC that Greg gave him. I got divorced and am relocating overseas. He has been parked 90% indoors since I purchased him from Greg. i will copy a link to Greg's build. https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-pig-preservation-society/153628-rebuilding-our-tank.html Here is the link for the long list of repairs done to Sherman. https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1972-fj55-for-sale-sf-bay-area.437130/ Current Issues: front door latch, alternator issues - no one in Jackson Hole can figure out the alternator issue with Sherman and the same rust spots listed by Greg. Sherman is 42 years old and deserve a better life. $8500.00 Updated pictures to follow...
Thinking of selling my almost completely original 78 55. Had a frame on restoration from Cruiser Corps 2 yrs ago. Runs and drives GREAT. Could use as an everyday driver if wanted. Have added disc breaks to the rear. Has original disc brakes on front. Radio not hooked up. Has original Toyota floor mats. Original motor and transmission. Rear window motor works. Almost new BF Goodwrinch All Terrain tires. No rips in interior or head liner. 30,000 obo located in the Oklahoma City area.
For sale, my beloved 1977 rustbucket FJ55: I've owned this thing since 12/02. Since that time I've had the engine rebuilt (5/04), mini-truck p/steering (1/05), new springs, 2 1/2" lift (6/05), recent axle rebuild/rear locker, lots of other stuff... It runs strong. Passes Cali emissions easily. Near perfect mechanical condition. I would not hesitate to drive this rig anywhere. Comfy BMW bucket front seats. Rattlecan Numbus Green paintjob. 33x9.5 BFG ATs... There's rust, quite a bit. There's bad bodywork: that's the bad. There's rock damage: yes I wheel this rig: countless trips to the Sierra, High Rock desert, Death Valley, etc, etc. This truck has never let us down. Asking $3,600
I hate to do this, but some life circumstances have come up which I simply cannot ignore. As such, my Land Cruiser is up for sale. :frown: 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55 105,000 original miles (168,000 kilometers) Original 2F motor with 4speed transmission Ambulance doors RHD SOLD Located in Mesa (Phoenix area), AZ. This Land Cruiser is in great condition. All original - no body work or bondo. Gas gauge, odometer, speedometer, lights, and turn signals ALL WORK. Call or text 602/481.6363, or post here or PM me if interested.
Selling my 1975 Toyota Landcruiser FJ55LG-KA FRONT DISC BRAKE CONVERSION POWER STEERING CONVERSION EMU DAKAR SUSPENSION WEBER CARBURETOR CONVERSION NEW INTERIOR PANELS JAMES BAROUD EVOLUTION ROOF CAMPER COOPER DISCOVERER 33" STT PRO TIRES CUSTOM ROOF RACK CUSTOM GRILL GUARD CUSTOM SWING OUT SPARE TIRE CARRIER CUSTOM ROCK RAILS "RAPTOR" LINER EXTERIOR FINISH LED HEAD LIGHTS NEW HEAD LINER LED LIGHT BAR CUSTOM SNORKEL $29,500
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ctd/d/sherwood-1970-toyota-land-cruiser-fj55/7197585363.html No affliation, this one just went up in the last hour, looks like a really good price with patina project potential for sure... Ad says: 1970 Toyota FJ55 Land cruiser 4wd land beast. It’s in fairy great shape and has a ton of upside. We were going to restore it but we have a few projects in front of it so we are testing the market. It is 100% factory original except for the ugly wheels and seat is newly re-upholstered. Everything works on it and it runs and drives amazing. We just installed new battery, starter, plugs, wires, cap, points, rotors, brakes all the way around, shocks, and done a complete fluid change with new air filter. This...
EDIT - to be featured on BAT in 3-4 weeks 1974 Toyota Land Cruiser fj55. California truck before coming to Florida. Features many upgrades including a triple locked 80 chassis and a 100 series 2uz V8 auto drivetrain. Truck has not been restored but is mechanically sound/ sorted and very ready to be driven anywhere. Over the Summer of 2020 it was driven from Florida to Oregon and back without any hiccups. (Pig Party 2020). Has also made multiple cross country road tips. Working cruise and Ac. Zero leaks, uses no oil. Currently set up with a sleeping platform/ cargo platform in the rear, but also includes the original back seat. Has newer km3. All new Oem toyota tre and fresh redhead steering gear. Restored 8274 warn. Delta...
1972 FJ55 for sale. 307 V8 (1970's). Turbo 350 tranny. original Toyota transfer case. front disc brakes installed last year. rear window works, others need work. runs and drives strong. Rough interior. Great project pig! 55,970 original miles. Colorado vehicle since 72'. Looking for offers or what you guys think a good asking price is. 1st time up. Other pics I should post? Thanks! PJ
For Sale: 1971 FJ55 Series Land Cruiser “Wilbur” Price: $14,000 Background: This 40+ year old Land Cruiser Wagon comes with some great history as documented in TLCA’s 2003 Toyota Trails magazine feature (http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/fabcr.html). Reading the article in its entirety will provide some valuable background information on “Wilbur”. More important than the history and various tales that this well loved wagon has come to be associated with, is its current mechanical and physical status. Much time, effort, funds, and love have gone into the preservation of this FJ55 from its early beginnings. After being shipped from Japan, this ‘55 was bought from a Toyota dealership in Texas in 1971, and other than a brief...

Thread Filter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom