eBay 1971 FJ55 Fully restored Toyota Land Cruiser "Wilbur Fabled Barn Cruiser" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1971 FJ55 Fully restored Toyota Land Cruiser "Wilbur - Fabled Barn Cruiser"

SOLD

This is probably one of the most famous and well known FJ55 within the land cruiser enthusiast community. It was featured in the July/August 2003 "Toyota Trails" magazine published by TLCA.org (Toyota Land Cruiser Association). Home of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association

The Fabled "Barn Cruiser"

It was shortly owned by a well known Land Cruiser enthusiast, Nolen G., who really brought it back to life. I have scanned the article below that he wrote for TLCA. He bought it when it had ~14k miles. It has seldom been driven and now has ~18k miles. It was upgraded from the stock 3-spd to a SM420 4-spd. It has an ARB compressor and ARB rear locker. The fronts were converted to mini truck discs. The carburetor was rebuilt at ~16k miles. The suspension has been upgraded to Alcan springs.

As for protection it has custom front and rear bumpers (2"x0.120 DOM) with a Warn 8000 lb winch. The rear bumper also has a rear tire swing with stainless steel locks. The bumpers were modified by a master fabricator, Rusty B. from Francisville, LA. Most of this info is in Nolen G's article. If it is unreadable, I can forward high resolution scans. Just email me. Here is the list of upgrades, I am sure I am missing something, but I will update as I find documentation.

5 - 7" wide rims with one new BFG spare tire attached (original rims)
4 - wider custom black rims with new offroad BFG tires (see pictures)
- tires and rims have approximately 300 miles on them.
4 original hub caps (as seen in the older pics).
Original wheels with hubcaps included in boxes.
8k Warn winch.
Custom front and rear bumpers with custom tow points (these are visible in the pics I sent you but done after the article published).
Alpine attached with a bracket under dash.
New rear ARB air locker with ARB compressor under hood, very easy to install a front air locker.
Custom oil pressure guage.
There is also a Hi-Lift jack included which is mounted on the rear bumper.
Upgraded from 3-speed to 4-speed
Interior has been completely re-done professionally.
Custom front and rear bumper, custom tow points, rear tire carrier too.
Alcan springs (3-4" lift).
New battery.
Upgraded shocks.

NO issues.

This vehicle is originally from Texas where it spent most of its life. It spent about a year in Ohio and its been in Arizona until about a couple of months ago. It now resides in upstate NY and has never seen snow or been driven on salty roads, a few bubbling rust spots and dings on roof, nothing major.

I am sure there are questions to be asked, please feel free to email me, I can provide my phone number as well to serious buyers only. Please no tire kickers.

When the ARB compressor and ARB rear locker were installed, all the seals, ring pinion and gaskets were replaced. It was about a $3500 job, I have receipts.
541830156_VL4QB-L.jpg
541830162_LH95b-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
who is the master fabricator, Rusty B.? Is he in St. Francisville? This would be good info for us Louisiana folks/

Rusty Biggs. I was just reading off the article.

bump... posted a price in case it doesnt meet reserve on ebay.

The buyer couldn't get loan to pass. Its back up for sale.

This puppy is still available.

Accepting interesting trades, mainly for a daily driver. No way in hell I'll drive this around in winter.

From what I understand, NO. It is likely headed for Canadian soil. I hope to view it someday.

SOLD.

Wilbur is on its way into Canada to a fellow cruiser enthusiast.

Long road. Congrats to you and the lucky new keeper of the legend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom