For Sale 1977 FJ55 Trail Rig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale, my beloved 1977 rustbucket FJ55:

I've owned this thing since 12/02. Since that time I've had the engine rebuilt (5/04), mini-truck p/steering (1/05), new springs, 2 1/2" lift (6/05), recent axle rebuild/rear locker, lots of other stuff...

It runs strong. Passes Cali emissions easily. Near perfect mechanical condition. I would not hesitate to drive this rig anywhere.

Comfy BMW bucket front seats.

Rattlecan Numbus Green paintjob.

33x9.5 BFG ATs...

There's rust, quite a bit. There's bad bodywork: that's the bad. There's rock damage: yes I wheel this rig: countless trips to the Sierra, High Rock desert, Death Valley, etc, etc.

This truck has never let us down.

Asking $3,600

Last edited:
Couple of pictures...

DSC06143.jpg

DSC06142.jpg

DSC06141.jpg
DSC06143.jpg
DSC06142.jpg
DSC06141.jpg

Some more:

DSC06147.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC05927.jpg
DSC06147.jpg
DSC06145.jpg
DSC05927.jpg

DSC05992.jpg
DSC05992.jpg

you should have asked for $5555.55 :hillbilly:

Dude...ya can't keep it AND get an 80?!

Great asking price!!

Where's the rust? :hmm:

Where isn't it?

:doh:

Well, there's some rust-through in the floorpans on the driver's side and under the back seat, repaired by a PO with fiberglass. I understand that repair panels are now available...

Some holes on the the tub behind the front tires. Undercoating might be hiding more damage, but it might not be too bad...

The usual rocker and front fender issues. I have a restorable pair of fenders, and a pair of IPOR rockers...

The rear fenders and fenderwells are not in very good shape, "sculpted Bondo" might be the best way to describe it, I've been trying to knock that off for years!

:hillbilly:

One of the rear body mounts is about gone. Replacements of these are also now available.

I don't think there's any rust on the roof/raingutters.

I've had it garaged since I bought it, so it's been in a state of "arrested decay" since I've owned it.

Looks fun as h*ll. I've got a perfectly good 60 that would cry if she found out how long I stared at this pig!

Hope it goes to a good home-

I know I should try harder to make friends-the "bus fare" comment was more about the 85 cents tacked onto the asking price and not a reflection of this fine looking rig-GLWS

I know I should try harder to make friends-the "bus fare" comment was more about the 85 cents tacked onto the asking price and not a reflection of this fine looking rig-GLWS

:lol:

It's all good...

I know the number is is silly, but is all zeros much less so?

I guess I should bump this thing...

:lol:

OK, I got my new toy, so I gotta make some room...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom