craigslist Tigard, Oregon 1976 FJ55 real nice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ 55 FULLY RESTORED - IN & OUT!
1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 55 with rebuilt 4 liter Cummins Diesel Turbo with Intercooler - 4wd - 5 speed transmission - AC - New upholstery with heated front seats - Body restored - New paint - 5 All-terrain tires - Locking center console - Insulated floor & firewall - full roof rack - Ladder access - Hi Lift jack - & more!

1601611801847.jpeg

1601611833293.jpeg

No 4BT pron though...

Seven pictures and not one of the engine bay???

FJ5563661

Last edited:
That FJ55 is the model for @4x4labs fj55 bumpers.

Last edited:
Dang.... Oregon! Figures.

I wouldn't let that stop me or even slow me down if I was serious. I shipped an 80 from Oregon to Alabama. Probably cost you $1000 if you do depot to depot shipping. Or buy a cheap round trip ticket and fly or drive back.

Did they raise the price to ~$38K?

I've seen this rig in person while it was sitting at a diesel shop in Newberg. From talking tonthe mechanic there, they were having to fix quite a few things from the original 4bt swap. I'm assuming it was all done now that it's for sale.
It's a beautiful rig all around.

I've seen this rig in person while it was sitting at a diesel shop in Newberg. From talking tonthe mechanic there, they were having to fix quite a few things from the original 4bt swap. I'm assuming it was all done now that it's for sale.
shake, rattle, and roll

Posting deleted, wonder if there was a buyer or trying somewhere else??

It would seem so, $1000 drop.

After a $2K increase.

YoYo pricing is kind of silly.

And really, this truck should be marketed on a sales platform(s) other than CL.

$0.02

Last edited:
Did they specify what was wrong or did you notice any glaring issues with the rig, Anything stand out?

Did they specify what was wrong or did you notice any glaring issues with the rig, Anything stand out?
Speaking with the mechanic, he'd mentioned that some things were "not right" after the swap (whatever that means), and that there were some issues with how the 4bt was running. I didn't get any further into the conversation as I was just checking it out as an admirer. What does stand out is the body work and paint as both are very well done. The body was super smooth (unlike just about every "unmolested" 55 I've ever seen), and the paint was just fantastic. It's a beautiful rig, and if not for a kid heading off to college soon, I think I'd go after this one myself.

Just based on the few photos available this looks like someone built it to keep verses some of the pigs that have popped up lately that look they were fixed up to flip.

Having built a 55 with a 4BT I don’t believe you could build this pig for the asking price even if you did all paint and fab work yourself.

From the ad “Syd Dorn is an auto broker assisting the private owner in this sale” so getting accurate info on the build could be convoluted unless Syd is willing to put you in contact with the owner if he’s still alive. I say this because if you see my 55 pop up on Craigslist for $37,000 you know I’m dead and my wife is trying to broker my stuff for what I told her it cost to build.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom