How And Were Do You Store Your High Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanting to get some ideas on were every one stores their high lifts, pics would be great if possible and how they fabricated or bought a holder that works for them.

This was not intended to be an ignorant post. I did the search function and came across a couple of articles that were not what I was looking for. I was after more updated information on what blokes have fabricated up to hold there high lifts. I have never had to use my high lift as well but that still does not mean I don’t carry it.

Cripes, I am so damn sick and tired of snotty put downs to use search. Often search does not bring up the particular desired results, or the results returned are far too many to be of any use. Isn't the purpose of this site to help the Land Cruiser community? Cripes, the Jeepers are more helpful than some people around here.

But back to your request, I put mine across the front bumber with a 4X4RAC.

FJ40-topless.jpg

You may have missed his link.

It was from the thread titled "Realy ignorant question about highlift jacks"

I don't think he was talking about your post.

Rocky

Sorry, didn't realise I posted a postage stamp!

1973Frt-1.jpg

Left out the mounting specifics: two tabs welded tot eh back of the brush gaurd top tube. simply two 1/2" stainless bolts drilled for pad locks secures it; as with vk7byi stated, it also has a "rubber" handle minder. 4 Wheel Parts sells for very little or get it as a door prize/throw in with a bigger order!

Exactly what i was going to write " Brian in Oregon " these are public forums and sometimes the search function just does not work. Rocky_LC i think i get the link :cheers:. But thanks for the replys so far.

Left out the mounting specifics: two tabs welded tot eh back of the brush gaurd top tube. simply two 1/2" stainless bolts drilled for pad locks secures it; as with vk7byi stated, it also has a "rubber" handle minder. 4 Wheel Parts sells for very little or get it as a door prize/throw in with a bigger order!

There are more of my mount details in my posts in the thread I linked to in a post in this thread. Too hard to duplicate on dialup, so I linked.. Basically thats all I did, 2 half inch bolts with nuts to mount and locks to secure. Its on the diagonal cage brace behind the seats, stays clean there..

These HiLift Jack Handle Watchman anti-rattle devices are a must have, $15 from Aus eBay..

000_0193WinCE.jpg

Mounted..
000_0185WinCE.jpg

My HiLifjt Jack Handle anti-rattle devise is a piece of shock cord knotted into a loop. A must have from my local Co-op at about $14 less than Aus eBay...

Zip Ties also make a good "anti-rattle" Handle securement feature. Not as cool looking as a "jack Handle Watchmand", though.

Rocky

Cripes, I am so damn sick and tired of snotty put downs to use search.

I didn't hear anything snotty about it at all. Just a friendly reminder. For my own part, I "researched" this exact topic for myself awhile ago on mud. Came up with at least a dozen ideas. Some of them made sense, a few seemed really stupid. I tried a couple of them and ended up with a solution that I like a lot.

First I tried it mounted lying down across the front bumper in front of the winch. Bent the brackets when I bumped into a tree on a tight trail. And I cracked my knee on it in the shop or at camp too many times. That was one of my stupider ideas. It was my adaptation of an idea I found using Search.

Now I have it standing upright on the passenger side running board (which I have since changed to a slider). I have a bracket bolted to the windshield hinge to hold the handle, and a 2" length of radiator hose for anti-rattle. Got the mounting idea using Search.

So I found plenty of inspiration using the Search function, but it takes some dedication. A quickie few minutes doesn't cut it. I've spent hours there in the past.

Many thanks to the unknown cruiserhead who posted this pic. I stole your idea lock stock and barrel. :D
hi-lift mount 1a sm.jpg

This was not intended to be an ignorant post. I did the search function and came across a couple of articles that were not what I was looking for. I was after more updated information on what blokes have fabricated up to hold there high lifts. I have never had to use my high lift as well but that still does not mean I don’t carry it.

Yes darren, Please accept my apologies, I didnt mean for you to take that as dig on yiou for not looking, It was the title of the thread.
I have a high lift mounted on the top of my rear swing out similar to what Brian in oregon did on the front, Sorry I dont have a pic.
Good luck on the search :cheers:

Has any body tried to mount there jack across the rear of the tub ?

had mine mounted across the inside as shown in your pic....keeps all the dirt off of it....workes better that way :)

mounting it like in post #18 is the coolest looking....that is the way i had mine before movinging it inside (for a cleaner cruiser look :rolleyes: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom