You've been spotted (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would still be willing to bet that one pictured above (carcass) was an American built Willys. You never said if it had any badging to determine if it was truly a Mistu.

So, I did some digging and found this.........look mid page

I did not seeing anything about if they were exported from Japan or not?

Interesting history though
I couldn't find any badging. From the design of the dash and a few other minor details, I got the impression it was Japanese. Nothing definite though.

Very nice decked out 200 in Winterhaven while looking at the lights 👍🏻

I couldn't find any badging. From the design of the dash and a few other minor details, I got the impression it was Japanese. Nothing definite though.

That's a Willy's. One thing the FJ2X, FJ3X and FJ40 series shared was the same shape instrument cluster and glove box door opening. From the mid fifties to mid eighties openings were the same shape. Those are not the shape. Highly unlikely that would be a Mitsubishi made copy of an old Willy's wagon here in the AZ desert. If there was any threads for bolts sure they would be SAE not Metric.

saw an 80 series in gold color, with a Taco Press on top - parked in the #Lot 2 of Arizona Swowbowl today :cheers: - sorry no pic

also saw a white 80 in-town Flagstaff in the afternoon, driven by a young kid - some custom front tube bumper with skid plate

Scottsdale auto show then went into Mark Mazda across from Chapman Ford
cruiser.jpg

Missed Connection (CSC Mud Style) I was stalked the other night pulling into my neighborhood in San Tan Valley/Queen Creek by a nicely modded 2-toned black/gray 80 with a RTT. They followed me up to my house and was hoping they’d stop to chat, but once I pulled in to the driveway they pulled away. Don’t see many 80’s this part of town.. so if this was anyone on here stop by and say what’s up!

I spotted a nice white 100 series out at Table Mesa Road this afternoon. I tried to snap a photo as it drove by, but I just missed it.

(1/12/22) Nice FJ40 with Montana plates spotted northbound on the 101 by @aztlctina.
IMG_7999.jpg
IMG_8003.jpg

bezel is upside down :rolleyes:

Gold 100 series with a black Alucab RTT and a passenger side awning. Spotted heading south on Scottsdale Road at intersection with McDonald around noon on Sunday.

Couldn't take a pic. Nice looking truck and setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom