YouTube LC 200-Series Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He also states that LX570's AHC is a nightmare to maintain and rust is a major issue with it.

I'm subscribed to his channel for a couple of years. I think honestly he didn't work on many land cruisers at his particular dealership he worked. It seems he just knows the textbook basics of them. Decent video regardless.

To be fair very few master techs get to work on 200’s as there just aren’t many of them out there. Unless they are at major dealers in the big cities in Texas, Colorado or California the odds of them getting much time with one are slim.

Agreed, he probably doesn't have a ton of experience working on them due to no fault of his own. But he probably shouldn't be putting a video out there representing himself as an expert if he doesn't really know the vehicles. His channel is generally pretty solid though.

Way nicer? Nah, but noticeably so.

EDIT: I was in a pessimistic mood when I posted :bounce:
There is some good information in the video, some mis-information, but overall it is a good view.

Last edited:
I thought the parts about rust were eye opening. You really have to think about rust with these things and do a fluid film or something. Also the part about oil leaks how the AHC lines on the LX were spliced and what happens if the system is not bled were interesting to me.

Ahmed “The Car Care Nut” has a solid channel, is very thorough in explaining things, and is based outside Chicago (lots of rusty vehicles due to salt).

The first thing he did (wisely) when he purchased a GX460 for his wife was to have it thoroughly coated with rust preventive (a separate video). He basically states that most of the vehicles he sees in his shop are quite rusty (due to harsh lives in the salt belt).

I’d simply continue only purchasing vehicles that have spent their lives away from salt—predominantly in the South, Southeast, and Southwest U.S. There are plenty of vehicles in regions that don’t have to deal with fluid films, wool wax, extra rustproofing, etc. I have the KDSS greased up and that’s plenty in Tennessee.

NOTE: I do wish Ahmed were local as he comes across as someone with high integrity and skill.

Last edited:
Waste of time to even watch it.

I usually enjoy his videos but I agree with you here. The content was barely skin deep and was lacking with many glaring mistakes - aka he hasn't had enough exposure with these rigs.

I have had my 2013 lx serviced at the car care nut. I have family in the area.

He squeezed me in last minute for front and rear brakes. He stated that he likes to replace rotors as well pads with oem. I brought all the oem pads and rotors. He quickly assessed and stated that rear pads and rotors were great. No need to replace them.

I also had him flush brake fluid and power steering fluid. He is professional yet down to earth. There was 100 and 80 series that was getting serviced. His shop is immaculate. He makes you feel like family. Rolls out the red carpet. He was aware of the ahc fluid contaminants so he only uses the cans. His pricing is fair.

No extra sale pitches. I had a great experience. The shop is busy but he takes plenty of time to explain. I will have change out my globes and flush ahc. (2.5 hours of labor). He will change struts and he suggested doing mounts as preventative. I think front and rear mounts were about 5 hours. His billing rate is about $110 a hour.

I usually enjoy his videos but I agree with you here. The content was barely skin deep and was lacking with many glaring mistakes - aka he hasn't had enough exposure with these rigs.
You're right. I edited my post ;)
It's a good watch, some good info and tips. Some mis-information. But more focus on these aging vehicles we love is always a good thing.

I am glad he touched on it but agree with both of you.

Bummed he did not mention other common issues.

I do think his comment on aftermarket is really just for the general viewer owner who would not be modifying it.

However it does make me sad when I see 200 series Land Cruiser with Ironman shocks and control arms on it

Technically he is NOT wrong. LC OEM parts are very durable and well-designed.

Aftermarket parts may provide extra capability (lifts, longer travel, high-speed desert travel, etc) but aftermarket parts are rarely as durable as OEM stuff found in LC. The main exception are aftermarket skid plates but then again, you trade strength/durability with weight increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom