• Freeborn Red

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Olive (653)

Votes: 24 15.9%
  • Mustard

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Other... Please state which in the thread...

Votes: 20 13.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rustoleum spruce green

I like the greens.....the tans seem overdone to me....all though I do LOVE them and want a tan one.

as far as this thread topic....Tan seems the most recognized, cruiser, safari, bad off road vehicle associated color so I would go dune biege.
now.jpg

taro said:
77mustard40 and jakedwilson, your 40s are looking great! Are these current builds?

Yeah, working on it currently. Check the link in my sig.

Looking for all of your wonderful opinions on color. Getting colser on painting the 69, and was going to go fashion green, but since this will be one that I sell, I may be looking at another color.

if you would like to throw a pic in thats cool too.

:beer:

Just MHO.... (humble)
03022012 010.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Voodoo blue.....

Your neighbors must trip out when they see that out front. Where did you get that seat? Recaro?

The seat is from Belgium, (I think) Custom cover from JC Penny, The mounts are in there natural form, made from Gravity.

Its better when they see me drive by.....:steer: But in my 'hood most just raise their Bud, and wave.....:cheers: - to be expected....:bounce2:

I kinda like the seafoam green. Mine used to be before it was painted orange. The dash is still seafoam and I have only seen a few cruisers in that color but I thought they were cool looking.

Red is a close second. When they have shiny new paint I think the red cruisers look great. Actually, a red cruiser is what started me thinking I wanted one. I was at a best buy when I was like 15 with my family and saw a red cruiser getting a CD player installed in the bay... it just kinda sealed the deal for me. I had already been looking pretty hard at cruisers (my dad had one before I was born) but was open to pretty much any 4x4 at the time... seeing a really prettty one up close kinda did it for me.

Since I could not do a factory Toyota beige due to California environmental BS, I went with Sherwin Williams 42095 beige....

fzr400guy-albums-paint-picture20025-dscf4934.jpg

My favorites are dune biege very closely followed by rustic green then that smurf blue; that said I would probably be happy with any of the factory 40 series & 55 Cruiser colors.

I loe the 40 in Beige, under this is originally Olive which I really like as well;)
IMG_1274.JPG

OLIVE - Best factory color IMO for a military-derived vehicle. Highlights the white roof and bezel better than beige.

SMURF BLUE - Probably the most distinctive Land Cruiser color. You are least likely to be mistaken for a Jeep with this one.

WHITE - Most of these rigs don't have air conditioning. This is the only color that makes PRACTICAL sense unless you live in Alaska, or are a cold blooded reptile.

RED - the color of optimism. Dude! It's not a go-fast vehicle. Get over it!

MUSTARD - the most 1970's color of the bunch. Like the Smurf Blue, a very distinctive LC color. . .but probably in less of a good way.

PALE BLUES AND GREENS - Pastels???? On one of the most Y-chromosome vehicles ever made??? Seriously???:princess:

For non factory colors, I've seen one that was done in British racing green. Suffice to say it worked extremely well.

I just bought a gallon of.....

416 Dune Biege... ;)

Thanks for the replies... :beer:

Anyone familiar with the color of the warthog 4x4 from Halo? Sort of an OD variant.
image-4031476054.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom