Yet another reason to get sliders…………….. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scott,
What have you done to the paint on your truck and where is the door to your gas filler?
-B-

Is that your rig? My memory must be fading, I thought yours was green.

My Manik steps looked a lot like that after following Woody around Attica. :D

I took my sliders off to paint them and work on the cat mount and was very happy at the lack of paint and deep rock scratches on the bottoms. Means they're doing their job.

Scott- please give us some details about the protective covering you've got on there- what brand, where you got it, how well does it work, and how much?? :cheers:

I was at Attica this past Friday with the club and had a great time. I really don’t mind about the running boards they were going to be removed anyways; I just wanted it to be with a wrench and not the trail so I could have gotten a few bucks for them. As far as the wheeling with the umbrella on you just can’t be too careful. :D It was a little experiment of mine to reduce the amount of times that I have to buff the truck, and so far it works great! This last time out I ended up going through a few quad trails (very, very tight). I basically just bought a 2’x50’ roll of .030mil magnet sheet and cut to fit. It only cost $105 for a plain roll and $19.85 for shipping. For around $130 you can get it in a few select colors. Here is the link, I talked to a guy named Louis but I’m sure anyone could help you. :cheers:
http://magnets-flexible.com/sheets.htm

Re:Yet another reason to get sliders……………..

Any cons?
-B-

Interesting idea! I've never heard of that before. Thanks for the post. :cheers:

Posted by: Beowulf Posted on: Today at 10:40:13pm
Any cons?
-B-

Yea don't drive 65mph with them on, lost the one on top :'(
I did find a remedy for it, tape down the leading edges on the front magnets and there fine. The only other thing is that it takes practice to set them on right in under five attempts. You can just slide them over….oh and the curves on the hood are hard to hug tight.

An example of Cat protection ....!

Tried this out last weekend at pipeline (Nicolet Nat'l Forest), worked out well. Not a real rock test but initial test proved promising. The sliders details came from George, I just changed the outrigger around the cats a little bit. Also, the cats are rotated for minimum exposure to rocks, etc.. Sliders are used as air reservoir also.

Hopefully the pics load ok.

Ali

damn it....didn't load

trying again...

pics of cats turned sideways

cats!

more pics

Cat skid plate undergoing testing!

Pic of the set of sliders. Hope they make sense!

Scott, will these work for you? If not let me know, I'll take some more pics tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

ali

Are those tubing fittings on the ends of the main rails? Air tanks?

Sorry if you've discussed this already - been gone for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom